Thread: Litter training

Default Litter training

Has anyone had any success litter training?
    Frankie's free to roam our house and stays close to me all day. He has a home but even naps on our couch. He's hitting puberty though 6 months, getting bigger and a handheld vacuum and paper towel are not cutting it for clean ups.

What do you suggest?

Default Re: Litter training

I have heard it is possible, but I never let my squirrels out of their room if I can help it! Too much opportunity for disaster. That said, they usually have a specific or favorite potty spot in their enclosure and often another in the room. I haven't had an issue with on older rescue or the only NR I had going potty everywhere? He was very clean, and a total "homebody" for his room and enclosure. Given his age, he may be marking territory for other boys to stay clear, but so the lady squirrels know he's single & ready to mingle. I have had older boys who believed a belly coated in a good coat of urine was like a human teen with Axe spray. My bath assistance was never appreciated!

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to KCullen:

island rehabber (07-23-2022), SweetPete2020 (07-24-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by KCullen View Post
    I have had older boys who believed a belly coated in a good coat of urine was like a human teen with Axe spray.
    That made me laugh out loud!

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to The Nut Lady from:

KCullen (07-23-2022)

Sometimes the same problems exist across many mammalian families. Probably why we love the little buggers so much. Teen boys are probably stinky in any species, but we love them through it haha

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to KCullen from:

island rehabber (07-23-2022)