Thread: Possible UTI or changing estrus pattern?

Default Possible UTI or changing estrus pattern?

I have a 2.5 year old female that I believe to have a uti. I have cipro and augmentin on hand. I’ve noticed some swelling, which I initially thought was estrus, but yesterday when changing her lining where she potties I noticed a lot more urine. Today, I checked it again and there was more than usual. I’ve noticed she has seemed to not be as hyper, for lack of a better term, and into everything with her curiosity as she usually is. She just wants to lay around a bit. Her appetite is fine. She’ll eat everything given. However, today as I was holding her I noticed her discharge had a bit of a brownish red tint to it, but is still thick like when she’s in estrus. I’m thinking blood, but I’ve never seen her bleed during estrus. I have read that a uti can cause some blood though. I have a photo of the gauze I used to wipe her down I will attach as reference. I’m thinking I should run her on a course of antibiotics to be safe. Just unsure which would be better between the cipro and clavamox. And also need some dosing help if possible.

Default Re: Possible UTI or changing estrus pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by HaileyJ View Post
    I have a 2.5 year old female that I believe to have a uti. I have cipro and augmentin on hand. I’ve noticed some swelling, which I initially thought was estrus, but yesterday when changing her lining where she potties I noticed a lot more urine. Today, I checked it again and there was more than usual. I’ve noticed she has seemed to not be as hyper, for lack of a better term, and into everything with her curiosity as she usually is. She just wants to lay around a bit. Her appetite is fine. She’ll eat everything given. However, today as I was holding her I noticed her discharge had a bit of a brownish red tint to it, but is still thick like when she’s in estrus. I’m thinking blood, but I’ve never seen her bleed during estrus. I have read that a uti can cause some blood though. I have a photo of the gauze I used to wipe her down I will attach as reference. I’m thinking I should run her on a course of antibiotics to be safe. Just unsure which would be better between the cipro and clavamox. And also need some dosing help if possible.
    Cipro is your best choice. In order to give you directions how to dilute and dose the cipro, we will need to know the size in milligrams of the pill, and the weight of your squirrel. You will need a 1ml or smaller syringe that has clear markings on it (old feeding syringes usually have the markings rubbed off).