Thread: Lump under skin just above private area?

Default Lump under skin just above private area?

Hey guys,

I just noticed today that Rocket has this bald area just above his private area. When I felt it, there seems to be this small lump underneath. It looks like he's been chewing the hair there but the skin doesn't look irritated. Can anyone check and tell me if this is normal, or part of his anatomy, or what it could be?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Lump under skin just above private area?

Not normal but I am not sure what that is? That bump is approximately where the urinary bladder is located. Is he showing any signs of discomfort? Any changes to his normal peeing habits? Perhaps he has a lower UTI which is causing discomfort so he is nibbling there? If this is the case, 7 days of Cipro should clear it up. Crystals in urine can cause UTIs and are often associated with diet. Whats his typical daily diet look like?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDane View Post
    Hey guys,

I just noticed today that Rocket has this bald area just above his private area. When I felt it, there seems to be this small lump underneath. It looks like he's been chewing the hair there but the skin doesn't look irritated. Can anyone check and tell me if this is normal, or part of his anatomy, or what it could be?
    Last edited by TubeDriver; 07-01-2022 at 04:10 PM.
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by TubeDriver View Post
    Not normal but I am not sure what that is? That bump is approximately where the urinary bladder is located. Is he showing any signs of discomfort? Any changes to his normal peeing habits? Perhaps he has a lower UTI which is causing discomfort so he is nibbling there? If this is the case, 7 days if Cipro should clear it up. Crystals in urine can cause UTIs and are often associated with diet. Whats his typical daily diet look like?
    Thanks for the reply! His diet is Avacado, tomato, broccoli, spinach, kale, carrot, walnut or pecans. I will try to see if I can watch him pee while he's playing on the porch today. My girlfriend checked her male squirrel and she said he has the same small hard lump there under the skin, but I haven't checked her little guy myself yet. The bald spot itself isn't the lump. But if I rub that area, there's a very small hard lump under the skin. She seems to think it might has something to do with the belly button? I had him on SMZ-TMP for a few weeks because of a skin problem, and now he's been off of that for 3 weeks or so. Would a UTI cause a hard lump? Just for reference, what would the dosage of Cipro be?

Thanks for the reply! His diet is Avacado, tomato, broccoli, spinach, kale, carrot, walnut or pecans. I will try to see if I can watch him pee while he's playing on the porch today. My girlfriend checked her male squirrel and she said he has the same small hard lump there under the skin, but I haven't checked her little guy myself yet. The bald spot itself isn't the lump. But if I rub that area, there's a very small hard lump under the skin. She seems to think it might has something to do with the belly button? I had him on SMZ-TMP for a few weeks because of a skin problem, and now he's been off of that for 3 weeks or so. Would a UTI cause a hard lump? Just for reference, what would the dosage of Cipro be?
    I’m not sure what the lump could be, but I was reading his diet you listed and am wondering if you are feeding Henry’s Healthy Blocks or some type of rodent block in addition to the above listed diet? I didn’t see that mentioned and without the 2-3 daily HHBs or other healthy rodent block you could be headed towards MBD which is severe and can be deadly if not treated and corrected.

Hey there!

He's been getting one Henry's block a day pretty much his whole life. I have been out of them for about 2 weeks and was going to order some more today. I'll start adding 2 a day to his diet just to be sure.

The lump almost feels like it's part of some anatomy under his skin that goes to his private area there. If I press, I can sort of feel it being part of this almost movable tube, muscle, or or something?

Hey there!

He's been getting one Henry's block a day pretty much his whole life. I have been out of them for about 2 weeks and was going to order some more today. I'll start adding 2 a day to his diet just to be sure.

The lump almost feels like it's part of some anatomy under his skin that goes to his private area there. If I press, I can sort of feel it being part of this almost movable tube, muscle, or or something?
    Interesting. I just felt my guy in that same area, but I’m not feeling a bump per say. Apologies, for not being more helpful. I don’t want to say it’s just his anatomy without being certain, so hopefully someone else can give a better explanation as to what it may be.

Two blocks a day is the healthy way to go. Check that bump after he pees, if it is "deflated" than it is probably the bladder. The course of SMZ-TMP should have knocked out any UTI unless it developed in the 3 weeks since he was on the AB.

Any other symptoms, changes in behavior?

We can send specific dosing directions via PM for Cipro, we don't post dosing on open threads. Just need squirrel weight and the strength of the Cipro pill. But since he has recently been on AB, he probably does not need to be on another yet.

Hey there!

See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to TubeDriver from:

Diggie's Friend (07-04-2022)

Is a hernia possible?