Thread: Hurt paw

Default Hurt paw

Hi, I wanted to see if someone could be able to help. This morning I noticed our twelve week old was limping, not using right front paw. I tried checking it out to see what was the problem. There doesn't seem to be any swelling, but did see a red mark on one finger like a scratch. I am wondering, would it be reasonable to give medicine in this case? I have some infant motrin.

Default Re: Hurt paw

If you can give us his weight we can give you dosing for the infant iburophen. Bear in mind that it work quite well, and he will try to resume being a 12 week old lunatic, and could injure it further because he doesn't know to favor it. My rule of thumb here is that if the animal can be restrained to a small area where he can't run and climb and will be reasonably happy, he gets the pain meds. If he can't, no meds, or perhaps just a quarter dose to take a little edge off. The last thing you want is it getting further injury.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

Ktbnin1133 (06-20-2022)

Oh thank you so much for your reply! It's amazing how well you know this age. She is definately a very active 12 weeker. I just weighed her at 427g. Thanks for your helpful insight and advice. I will keep a close eye on her so not to let her re-injure herself. I think I'd like to try the infant motrin to help with pain.

Dosing sent by PM.

Sorry. She!

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

Ktbnin1133 (06-21-2022)