Thread: No Poop

LilPaige Guest

Default No Poop

Okay so I wrote on Tuesday that I have a squirrel who still doesn't go poop by himself. He will be 7 weeks old tommorow and still nothing. I was told to not stimulate him for a day and see what happens. Well all day yesterday I didn't stimulate him, and he still did not poop by himself! He's getting between 9-12 cc's of formula per feeding plus rodent block, carrots, almonds and cheerios. I know he should have to poop. So anyway, at his last feeding last night I stimulated him before bed. I'm scared to death he'll explode or something LOL! Today I have not stimulated him at all and he just hasn't pooped all day. He does urinate by himself, so that's good, but still....Is something wrong with him or is he just playing me a fool?

Mars Guest

Default Re: No Poop

When you do get poop from him is it solid and well formed pellets?? What color is it?? Does it have an odor?? Does he appear to be in any pain or dicomfort?? Does he strain real hard well you stimulate him?. Does his cost lay flat and is it shiny or dull? Is he gaining weight consistantly?? I know I know so many questions. But act as my eyes and let's see if we can solve this mystery.

LilPaige Guest

Okay I just fed him his last meal of formula for the night and guess what!?! He pooped a very little bit on his own!
    So to answer your questions, his poop is well formed, it's yellow, I'm not sure that it has a smell, but his urine does. He doesn't strain but I can tell when he's going to poop because his stomach contracts. He has a very nice shiny coat, and is gaing weight well. I just weighed him and from what I could get he's 187-190 grams. He kept moving around.
    I did help him again tonight, because even though he went on his own a little, I figured better safe than sorry. I want to go to bed knowing he's gonna be okay in the morning. Thanks!

Mars Guest

let's give another day and see what happens. You can always find me. I check in several times during the day. Just pm me to get my attention.

Scooby is the same age. She "can" pee and poop on her own but she still stimulates very easily. I admit, I stimulate her after a feeding and before we play with her so we don't have a pee pee spot on the furniture!!!

However, she does pee and poop on her own. I find little pellets in her cage and she actually pees in her little triangular litter pan in the corner. What a good girl she is!!!

Last night I forgot and she did pee pee on my bed. Oh well... not the first animal to pee pee on my bed!!! Try owning an incontinent Great Dane/Giant Schnauzer mix!

LilPaige Guest

Okay so still no pooping on his own! I left him alone and didn't stimulate him ALL day and nothing. I just fed him his last formula feeding and stimulated him after that. I think the poor little guy has a little bloat too. He pooped ALOT when I stimulated him. I'm also going to give him a little break and do it again in a little bit. His tummy is a bit distended. I'm really at a loss. Am I going to be stimulating this guy to go poop when he's a grown squirrel?

LilPaige Guest

It was a little bloated after his last feeding, but I've stimulated him two times after that and it seems to have gone down. I think he's going to be fine. He's acting normal (probably a little tired of mom waking him up to go potty) playing and crawling around the cage so .

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.