Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Rat poisoning? Advice please!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    21
    Thanked: 14

    Default Rat poisoning? Advice please!

    Hi all,
    Yesterday around 6pm I found one of my wild friends eating a block of rat poison (blue colored) that she’d gotten from a black rat box that had cracked open.
    I managed to get her away and dispose of the box but I have no idea how much she consumed before I got there. I went home and scanned the board, ordered k1 tablets (both 25 and 50 mg versions). I also have 100 mcg version as a human vitamin. I saw her again today and she seemed fine, but I know poison can take time to kick in. She’s around 650g, a fox squirrel.
    If I can give her some of the k1, I want to try but am not sure on dosing. I don’t want to capture her because she seems to be nursing. Any advice? Just want to do my best by her. Thanks everyone.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Rivendell
    Posts
    1,658
    Thanked: 1963

    Default Re: Rat poisoning? Advice please!

    I wish someone will see this who can offer you something. Meantime I pray she only just started on the piece you saw her eating and didn't get a fatal dose.
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

    https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

  3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Chirps:

    Bonbon (05-29-2022), MyBushyTail (05-29-2022)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    21
    Thanked: 14

    Default Re: Rat poisoning? Advice please!

    Thank you Chirps! I hope so too, 😞

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •