Thread: Rehabilitating almost a year old 2 boys

Default Rehabilitating almost a year old 2 boys

Hey guys and girls. We have 2 boys. We been taking care of them since last spring. They are almost a year old... I need some help. I could write a bunch about them but i just want to get the conversation going. I have rehabilitated many squirrels in last 5 years but this situation is different cause ive never had babies this long....

Default Re: Rehabilitating almost a year old 2 boys

Hi!

Please write a bunch about them. What do you feel you need help with? The more info you give about their history with you and your situation, the more help all the folks who've been in your shoes will be able to provide. Do you have specific issues? You want to release them but not sure if or how? The more details, the better! There are lots of good people here who've been where you are. They can help.

Oh, and we all LOVE pictures!
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Chirps from:

sundoesshine (05-08-2022)

Any updates? Just curious.

Just posted this morning. Getting pictures now and more details on them. I will respond again shortly 😃 I mostly have videos.
    Basically we got them too late last year so we kept them over the winter and still have them. They are massive boys. Diego: 1 year. Grey with white and red fur. Loves to cuddle and sweetest boy ever. I can grab him without worrying of him biting and just a very sweet boy. Belly rubs and face rubs are his favorite. Darius: slightly over 1 year. Black with red fur. He likes to spend his days grabbing Diego by the butt. Seems to be the Alpha although lately Diego has given him a taste of his own medicine. Darius doesn't like to be handled however they both use me as a tree. I let them run free in the house daily. They are super sweet and ideally I would like to release them in my backyard. I guess my issue because it's so late will they make there own nest? Should I spend the weekend on my balcony with cage open with them?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to The Goodboy Brothers from:

Bravo (05-27-2022)

Wow! Big boys now Where in Quebec are you? We might be able to communicate and I'd be happy to lend a hand, should you wish. Maybe you could give me your phone number in Private Msg ?
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Scooterzmom:

Chirps (05-28-2022), Grinderhead (05-27-2022)