Thread: 5 weeks old _ Baby squirrel WEAK no energy and REFUSE to eat Milk

Exclamation 5 weeks old _ Baby squirrel WEAK no energy and REFUSE to eat Milk

Hi TSB group,

Wrote last night )

Ihave 1 baby of famille of 4 who she starting to look weak. Like a woolen doll‼️
    Since yesterday she doesn't want the third meal❗️ She don't gain that much weight ❗️like her brothers. She was the more active of all when they arrived.

She's kind of lethargic❗️ not having energies ❗️but some moment she fake to play. Pretty sure to not show is weekness❗️ sleep a lot❗️. She stay more on flat position like a frog to dissecte.

And I'm not sure if she as a shaky respiration❗️ or she snif snif snif to smell me❗️or now I think I can hear clicking‼️

Why...❓️
    I use only seringues with pacifier. And she never had to much to spit it by her nose
    (Today I found out why?. One of my babies always bit desperately the pacifier to make a hole. SO I THINK maybe milk went in the place in her mouth)
    I try to gave her 1mll of homemade pedialyte just to wake her up a little but...nada...she didn't take it and i didn't forced her.

I gave her 0.08 ml of SulfaTrim. IMO 1 shot can not kill her for by the time I'm getting some advice.

I feel something not right ...do you have a idea❓️

Maybe mistaken...I saw post of same subject you have so many wich it's so wonderfuly useful and gift to squirrel. TSB❤️

I prefer to tell my stpry to fix the right thing based on the detail in that case scenario

(Wrote today at 8pm)

This morning she was in better shape no more clicking and eat breakfast.

I gave her another 0.08ml sulfatrim and after that until now she refuse to eat milk or not even 1ml of pedialyte

What's wrong with her❓️ 🙏

Default Re: 5 weeks old _ Baby squirrel WEAK no energy and REFUSE to eat Milk

Her urine and poo are fine?

I'd continue the SulfaTrim for now since lethargy and loss of appetite are telltale signs of AP.

It never hurts to continue to offer hydration in between feedings. Is this group eating solids yet?

Hi
    Thank you do much gor reply.

I dont know about her poo at this day. In my binder were i wote everything…she used to pee and for when i was simulate her and sfter by her self,

At this time she’s at the 4th doze of sulfatrim. Wich i started last night at 8pm

So ehat i understand…to make sure cuz i am french canadian :
    Its normal that she doesn’t want to eat.❓

My problem is there cuz dhe refuse aldo the pedialyte‼️

Them because the age i give them a bunch of rodents bloc every all day in the cage.

She’s the little black on thise picture. You csn tell from her eyes something not right. She was faking to play on those pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images    

News of the day

This morning she eated well 10 ml her weight this morning was 138g

She play everything was notmal

At luch time will a was preparing the kit she made a sound 3 times‼️ The sound of a crow.‼️Not like a calling call for the mother

So i pick up to see if she ok and she fly out my hand ‼️and straight to the floor… ‼️Flat position.

So i put her back in the cage to mske her calm down.
    Then i start to feed her. 3 ml after‼️ she freak out‼️ yell ‼️ and run behind my back.‼️
    So i stop there put her vack in the cage
    By chance i feed them on my bed!

it seem like maybe she hallucinating‼️ or i don’t know but the feeling i had was weird ‼️

I think i found out why she freak out behind my back…cuz her sister almost freak out
    I am not sure …i will continue to check on her

The guilty one was E.t. On my bed behind my pillow🙃

Yes, E.T.'s big eyes likely scared her and made her use her alarm call (crow "bark"?).

If she continues to be fussy with the formula, I'd experiment with various temperatures. A lot of time this fussiness is a result of the formula (or pedialyte) not being warm enough for their liklng.

Ok very interesting

When she they arrived had not eat drinks except a few peace’s of cashew/ pistachio

So they received from me a 24h pedialyte ti di the best transition to fox valley

And i use a thermos with hot water wich i insert a little glass bowl in it
    Always stir the milk with my finger so i can feel the temperature or the particules at the bottom.

But ET sound the best explanation for thus case. From is cage she could’ve seeing it from there and too much to be next to him…my mystake. And now i remember in the pass my chico had the same reaction a banana with hair.

In reel life it’s not funny but for now i trying to contain myself not to laugh but really i can’t 🤣
    My bad 🥰 ❤️Them so much

Ill keep a eye on her and get back to you later.

By the way good news…i find them a shelter in the “wood” so they will be fine and then give more attention to my 5 little guy.. oh wow FiveGuys

I wat to had for the purpus

The milk can get them fuzzies if its not warm enough.. in my case it would be “as to be hot enough “

I can link that to the fact that sometimes they some of them look drunk or “high” on pause mode.

And some other times they make my day to see them play having together. More i laugh more they act funny 😆

THANKS FOR THE TIPS

Quote Originally Posted by Love-Lee View Post
    I wat to had for the purpus

The milk can get them fuzzies if its not warm enough.. in my case it would be “as to be hot enough “

I can link that to the fact that sometimes they some of them look drunk or “high” on pause mode.

And some other times they make my day to see them play having together. More i laugh more they act funny 😆

THANKS FOR THE TIPS
    I’m going to ask what formula do you have them on? What is their daily diet? I mean like what they eat besides formula through the day?

Ok super time meals was perfect…she was her again… Guilty E.T.

They all are on fox valley 29/50 /every 5 hrs/for 4 timee in 24hrs
    They have Teklad rodent block all day long in the cage serve in a bowl

The same for little Marley and Brucelee.6 weeks old

Before giving them vegetables i follow the board of weight and make sure they eat black first and for real in case they start ti dislike the rodent block.

For my 8 and almost 9 weeks i gave them every afternoon a bit a vegetable and nuts at night after their 3 turn of milk so in preparation to my back to work in 1.5 weeks

And Again the daily diet its base on that guideline by the weights enclosed picture.

I have a cage for those 4 bb/ 1 cage for 3 bbs 7-8 weeeks old/ 1 cage 2 orphan 6 weeks old which is Marley and Brucelee. Whi are about to join their 3 orphan = 5 for a very very safe release.

The family of 4 its only becauz no takers every support group here is full load to the top Max. They ask me if i can help. So that’s when where i enter the game. I pick up thise who they have no one to take care (2 days+ posted).

➡️Queston please: ❓for sulfatrim‼️my judgement call would’ve been ‼️6 doze for equal 3 days treatment‼️. Is it a good way of thinking ❓

My formula milk its 1part powder/2 parts water

13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Love-Lee from:

Tuff (05-28-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Love-Lee View Post
    ➡️Queston please: ❓for sulfatrim‼️my judgement call would’ve been ‼️6 doze for equal 3 days treatment‼️. Is it a good way of thinking ❓
    I'd continue for at least 5 days, but not more than 7.

15. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

Love-Lee (05-27-2022), Tuff (05-28-2022)

Very special thank tou you Spanky fot your help support and the attention you pay to my 2 cases.

You are amazing a beautiful angel sended to my for Helping them.

I am very impressed by TSB. Proud and so happy to be a member of the TSB crew.

Have wonderful day❤️✌️