Thread: Need Advice for a year old squirrel

Exclamation Need Advice for a year old squirrel

Hi my name is Francesca, I’m new to this website I was referred to you guys by a sanctuary in my state. One year ago I found a baby squirrel laying in my front lawn, I left her for a few days hoping the mother would come back but she never returned. Over the past year I’ve been nursing her and I’ve realized that she’s blind in one eye. I live in NJ, so it’s illegal to home a squirrel and no sanctuary will take her with out euthanizing her. I do not want see her die she’s only a year old but living in my home is inhumane for her, and also becoming quite the disaster with other pets at home and small children. She has a 3 story high cage and we feed her all kinds of food healthy foods! At night we open the cage and let her roam free in my family room with the doors shut. If there are any out of state sanctuary’s that will take her I’m willing to travel as long as I know she gets a chance to live her life. Please if anyone can guide me in the right direction I would appreciate it so much! Thank you in advanced.

Default Re: Need Advice for a year old squirrel

bump

Bump?

Quote Originally Posted by fesposito514 View Post
    Bump?
    Posts begin to scroll off the active board after a day or two so people don't see them. Responding to the post in any way will get it back in front of people so it gets paid attention to. We call it "bumping" the thread. Being Mothers Day weekend, lots of people are doing other things and I didn't want your request to not get attention.

The problem is that "sanctuaries" for gray squirrels aren't really a thing. They are common animals and not considered "sexy" like raptors or wolves despite being the most awesome little creatures out there. Hopefully someone will have some ideas for you.

Thank you so so much 🥰 bump me up lol!