Quote Originally Posted by Cmiddl3 View Post
I will get a better photo of the eye today. It can't be saved at this point. It actually looks like it's about to rupture and when I was putting the antibiotic drops and eye lube in it this morning there was pus coming out of the corner. They gave her Buprenex yesterday and she was feeling great after that. She is dumpy this morning now that it's worn off. I contacted another vet that sees my exotics and has seen my degu. I'm waiting on a call back from her. She enucleated the eye of my friends hedgehog so I would feel more confident using her. I'm hoping she gets back with me today. It's so bad being a holiday weekend. If she gets to the point where she needs to be put down I will absolutely make that call but right now I don't feel that is necessary.
I'm so very sorry for your little Squirrel! What is her name? I know you love her and are doing the best for her Cmiddl3! I hope your Exotic Vet will get back to you in record time! Please keep us informed with how things are going for your Little One and I hope she is tolerating the Ibuprofen as recommended by CM!
Regards,
SamtheSquirrel