Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eye removal surgery

Default Re: Eye removal surgery

If you compare pictures to her past ones, she really does look like she's feeling much better. Hoping she continues on the mend! Oh, what is TMS?

Quote Originally Posted by sundoesshine View Post
    If you compare pictures to her past ones, she really does look like she's feeling much better. Hoping she continues on the mend! Oh, what is TMS?
    SMZ-TMP

Since being on meloxicam for a few days and TMS since last Friday the swelling has went down and it's almost back to normal. Her appetite is back also. Attached photos of the x rays. Clear ones taken on April 15th and the blurry ones May 5th. I made a comparison photo. The blurry ones are really hard to tell in my opinion. I got a friend to show a vet she works with and he said it appears it could be cancer. What are the chances it could be the infection spread to the bone? Maybe she needs a stronger antibiotic? If it was cancer would that cause pus? To me if it were cancer the swelling wouldn't be affected by antibiotics.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I can't speak to pus/no pus with cancer, but can you get your hands on some clindamycin? Very effective with bone infections and tooth root infections.

I'll ask the vet if we can give that a try. It's hard to say if the meloxicam or thr tms or both helped the swelling go down but either way she is feeling better.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Cmiddl3 from:

Chirps (05-12-2022)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123