Thread: Henry's blocks

Default Henry's blocks

Ok so far I've had Hazel on Henry's healthy blocks and oxbow garden select rat plus greens only. She is finally eating it and not just chewing it up. Still have a good bit of the healthy blocks but I'm going to need more formula. So I figured I'd order another bag of blocks too. There are a lot of options and they look like an interesting selection. What do you guys suggest? Also, I will keep offering formula, she still loves it. What's the feeding time and amount when eating solids? Still use nipples and syringes?

Default Re: Henry's blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer View Post
    Ok so far I've had Hazel on Henry's healthy blocks and oxbow garden select rat plus greens only. She is finally eating it and not just chewing it up. Still have a good bit of the healthy blocks but I'm going to need more formula. So I figured I'd order another bag of blocks too. There are a lot of options and they look like an interesting selection. What do you guys suggest? Also, I will keep offering formula, she still loves it. What's the feeding time and amount when eating solids? Still use nipples and syringes?
    I use only the Henry's Picky and Wild Bites... these seem the best received for my crews. And it provides some variety for them... variety is huge IMO, in the blocks as well as veggies. Some folks swear by the hazelnut but my NR's don't like them as well so I don't buy them.

Feeding frequency is dependent on age... at about 7 - 8 weeks, I am feeding 3X a day. At 8 -10 weeks, twice a day.. then once a day after that until they won't take it any more. I continue using nipples until or unless they begin to bite them and destroy them... syringes are cheaper (they'll destroy those too) than miracle nipples. I also switch to silicon nipples when they get bitey on the nipples... I feed too many to go through dozens of miracle nipples every week!

Default Re: Henry's blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    I use only the Henry's Picky and Wild Bites... these seem the best received for my crews. And it provides some variety for them... variety is huge IMO, in the blocks as well as veggies. Some folks swear by the hazelnut but my NR's don't like them as well so I don't buy them.

Feeding frequency is dependent on age... at about 7 - 8 weeks, I am feeding 3X a day. At 8 -10 weeks, twice a day.. then once a day after that until they won't take it any more. I continue using nipples until or unless they begin to bite them and destroy them... syringes are cheaper (they'll destroy those too) than miracle nipples. I also switch to silicon nipples when they get bitey on the nipples... I feed too many to go through dozens of miracle nipples every week!
    So far she isn't biting them. Although she is now eating her healthy blocks pretty decently She still gets hangry for formula. She's 8 and 1/2 weeks and I guess she's getting 3 feedings a day maybe four sometimes. But I had been trying to go longer between them to encourage her to eat her solid food and it seemed to have helped. That fourth feeding has pretty much been cut out by now but she is definitely still on three. I guess I need to take one of those away. She's not going to be happy lol I'll try the wild bites those sound interesting! I hadn't tried a whole variety of vegetables until she was eating her blocks well. I was putting some organic super green spring mix in there so she had something alive with enzymes but I was worried if I started chopping different types of vegetables before she ate her blocks she may not want to eat her blocks. Now that she's eating them I guess I can start offering more variety! She's been chewing on her blocks for a while but she was just breaking them down into crumbs. She would eat the greens though. Now I see she's finally ingesting the blocks the past couple days. Still 7% on the formula feedings?