Thread: Zupreem monkey biscuits help

Default Zupreem monkey biscuits help

I bought a 20lbs bag of zupreem like 2 years ago and finished it a couple months back. My girl loved it but I couldn't get any for a few months till recently. The problem is she doesn't eat them at all now. Did they change something? Even my dogs used to love them. I'd give them 1 every morning as a treat. Even they don't really like them now. I tried putting peanut butter on one but she just licked it off. Any ideas how I can get her to eat them. Luckily I only bought 4 lbs.

Default Re: Zupreem monkey biscuits help

Most of us don't use them - they are pretty "old school" in that they happened to be sort of close to a squirrel's needs at a time when there was next to nothing available for them in the animal food trade. It would not surprise me - most animal feeds change source ingredients constantly based on what they can find at the best price. The end result has the same ntritional numbers but every lot can have different ingredients from different places.

Have you ever looked into the Henry's food? Pretty much everyone here uses it. It was designed to provide all of the nutrition they need AND taste good. They are only available online: https://www.henryspets.com/squirrel-diet/ - and of the first three items on the page. he picky blocks and the hazelnut blocks are favorites around here. All human grade ingredients and no preservatives - keep them in the freezer. 2-3 per day provide all the nutritional needs for an average squirrel.

Most of us also "free feed" Teklad blocks. They are a very high quality "lab diet" for rodents. They are marketed to the laboratory customers in 50 pound bags but a lot of people repackage and sell on ebay. That is where I get mine: https://www.ebay.com/itm/23385020909...AAOSwyjBW5xS~/ The 14% protein variety is what you want. 5 pounds of these last a LONG time. My boy gets 2-3 of the Henrys and I just make sure he has a couple of the Teklad available if he wants them.

I use Henry's blocks but I just ran out and money is tight for the next couple months. I give her fresh veggies but I really hope she eats the blocks eventually. She used to love the zupreem. It was always the first thing she ate in the morning. she's 5 years old and not very picky but just won't eat the blocks now

Hi, I'm in PA. If you're not too far from Washington's Crossing or Morrisville you could get Mazuri rodent blocks at the feed store I go to. (Rushland, in Bucks Co.) Also you have Tractor Supply over there, but not sure if they have Mazuri. Hopefully if you can get them she'll be willing to eat them.
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

I moved to West TX in 2018. Can Anyone can sell me a small amount of teklad block that was mentioned. Just enought for a few days to try before I buy bulk.

I finally bought that ebay food 14% protein and she loves it. I'm so relieved 😌

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    Most of us don't use them - they are pretty "old school" in that they happened to be sort of close to a squirrel's needs at a time when there was next to nothing available for them in the animal food trade. It would not surprise me - most animal feeds change source ingredients constantly based on what they can find at the best price. The end result has the same ntritional numbers but every lot can have different ingredients from different places.

Have you ever looked into the Henry's food? Pretty much everyone here uses it. It was designed to provide all of the nutrition they need AND taste good. They are only available online: https://www.henryspets.com/squirrel-diet/ - and of the first three items on the page. he picky blocks and the hazelnut blocks are favorites around here. All human grade ingredients and no preservatives - keep them in the freezer. 2-3 per day provide all the nutritional needs for an average squirrel.

Most of us also "free feed" Teklad blocks. They are a very high quality "lab diet" for rodents. They are marketed to the laboratory customers in 50 pound bags but a lot of people repackage and sell on ebay. That is where I get mine: https://www.ebay.com/itm/23385020909...AAOSwyjBW5xS~/ The 14% protein variety is what you want. 5 pounds of these last a LONG time. My boy gets 2-3 of the Henrys and I just make sure he has a couple of the Teklad available if he wants them.

The package was damaged unfortunately but there was a few left inside. I'm going to order a lot more once I get the replacement and I'm sure she likes it