Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poop

Default Re: Poop

As long as the baby is not already dehydrated, the fact that they still have formula in their stomach means they still have the water in that formula in their stomach.

But as long as it doesn't affect the amount she is eating the little bit of water won't hurt her. I know how crazy with worry these guys can make you and like I said, if you are worried about this, by all means, give a little water. Just don't affect the amount of formula she is taking.

Okay. That's what I'll do. Yeah this is all good on a Saturday with a Sunday tomorrow. But I don't want to ignore it and end up with problems on Monday... Thank you!

I'm blessed to work from home but it's always nice to be able to calibrate on weekends because weekdays are busy

Okay, so after her last feeding which I diluted this time was for all intense and purposes a much more normal feeding. I know every 4 hours I'm diluted formula isn't going to work so I'll have to figure out some sort of happy medium. Suggestions?

I've sort of got it narrowed down to full strength formula every 4 hours is a bit much. Should I hydrate between or just go 5 to 5 and 1/2 hours between feedings or slightly water down the 4-hour feedings?

If I feed her when she's empty I feel like I can get an extra CC of just water into a feeding by mixing it with the formula. Would that be bad?

Seems the probiotics are key with Hazel. I'm just going to always add them to her formula. Second time they did the trick within a few meals.

8. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Sommer:

CritterMom (03-13-2022), Diggie's Friend (03-13-2022), island rehabber (05-12-2022), McCarthy (05-12-2022)

Red face Re: Poop

Okay. So I have noticed this with 4 of my squirrels. I looked at the variables and found that it was the Fox Valley formula causing this. I switched them to Esbilac and they are doing better. I think some squirrels just can't digest it. Also give baby prunes in a jar. That will get their bowels moving.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12