Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5% or 7%??

Default Re: 5% or 7%??

I did! Let me tell you how fun that was...

I guess in my mind I was being consistent because I was doing it at the same time every day after her first meal. 🤦🏼*♀️

Get a medium sized Tupperware container, one she will fit in and that will fit on the scale. Put a small piece of T-shirt or fleece in it. Now put it on your scale, without the baby in it. Press the “tare” button on the scale and it will zero out the scale. Don’t remove the container. Now you place the baby in the container and you will get a weight of just the baby. If you don’t remove the container this method can be used day after day without having to re-tare the scale. You could even put a lid on the container to prevent her from getting out if she’s super active, as long as you put it on the container without the baby and “tare” the scale again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer View Post
    I guess in my mind I was being consistent because I was doing it at the same time every day after her first meal. 🤦🏼*♀️
    It might have been consistent, but it was a false weight. It was her weight PLUS ??ml of milk. That would not be the weight of her body mass. Basically, however many ml of milk she was taking it increased her weight up by ?/10ths.

To get a visual of how this affects her weight try weighing her, then feeding her, then weighing again. You will see the weight increased in tenths by how many ml of formula she ate. It could be slightly off, but you get the idea, I’m sure.

Yeah I always put the Tupperware and cloth on there and use the tare button. But like this morning she does not like being in the container so the weights going up down and all over the place and as I'm waiting for it to even out she's getting more upset about being in there. Was definitely harder than feeding her and waiting till she curls up into a little ball and placing her in there but I definitely understand why it was messing me up now.

Now let me ask you this. A bigger container maybe helpful but if it's hanging off the edge of the scales am I going to get an accurate weight?

Yes, as long as it’s sitting firmly on the scale, not touching the countertop or anything nearby.

These are the many challenges of raising a baby squirrel.

This one just activates when you wake her up. More than normal. I've always potty before and after feeding. It's impossible on her. The best I can do is mid-feeding and after. Before she gets anything in her belly she is just a windup toy with no stop. And the more you try to do anything except putting food in her mouth the worse it gets. She gets down right angry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12