Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Its time for a grey

Default Re: Its time for a grey

First batch of photos from the new lens and my A7R camera. They are in a different league compared to those cell phone photos.

2. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to McCarthy:

AnnRie (04-10-2022), Chirps (04-02-2022), sundoesshine (04-02-2022)

Wow what a great lens!! Those squirrels just love you so much. Did you see Momma squirrel today? Wonder if she will bring her babies to you when they are old enough? Thank you for sharing.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to BCChins from:

McCarthy (04-02-2022)

Angels with dirty faces!

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

McCarthy (04-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by BCChins View Post
    Wow what a great lens!! Those squirrels just love you so much. Did you see Momma squirrel today? Wonder if she will bring her babies to you when they are old enough? Thank you for sharing.

Thank you!

I got to see her fuzzy big butt.

She likes to sample all nuts, literally takes one in her mouth, tastes it, turns it around in her month a few times, and drops it back into the bucket, rinse and repeat until she finds a nut she really likes. That nut gets eaten right over that container, spilling half of it over the other nuts.

Meanwhile I'm allowed to pet her tail.

I'm left with soggy nuts, sprinkled with leftovers. Not that I care about squirrel germs anyway.

8. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to McCarthy:

AnnRie (04-10-2022), Chirps (04-03-2022), Grinderhead (04-02-2022), SugarMom (04-12-2022), sundoesshine (04-02-2022)

LOL. I buy these cheap store brand pretzels in a big plastic jar. They aren't normal pretzels, they aren't tied in the pretzel know; they are circular rings which I guess are easier. I eat pretzels because Zeke doesn't like pretzels. He would cut me for a potato chip. However since I am eating them he has to have one, which he does a 360 with in his mouth, depositing an even film of squirrel spit before dropping it. I always bring in one more pretzel than I actually want to eat...

10. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

AnnRie (04-10-2022), Chirps (04-03-2022), sundoesshine (04-02-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    LOL. I buy these cheap store brand pretzels in a big plastic jar. They aren't normal pretzels, they aren't tied in the pretzel know; they are circular rings which I guess are easier. I eat pretzels because Zeke doesn't like pretzels. He would cut me for a potato chip. However since I am eating them he has to have one, which he does a 360 with in his mouth, depositing an even film of squirrel spit before dropping it. I always bring in one more pretzel than I actually want to eat...

lol

They are so obviously and intentionally messy, and I can only laugh about it when they throw things away they don't like.

Today one of them decided to burry a nut in my shorts. When the fabric didn't give in enough, he made use of his teeth and got my skin underneath. At this point in my life I just ignored the pain, quickly took the nut out of his mouth, placed it inside my fist and said "now its hidden... go get another one". I was lucky that he didn't bite me for stealing his nut. He was so confused for a minute, sniffing around, trying to find that nut...

12. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to McCarthy:

AnnRie (04-10-2022), Chirps (04-03-2022)

While I'm at it, here some more photos from today.

I'll box you! Come at me bro!

Just chillin.

Yet another nut that was hidden in my camper SOMEWHERE!

Can I chase all other squirrels out?! Pretty please.

Self-service, business as usual. Its funny, when I grab a nut for myself and they push my hand out of the bag so they can get first in line.

It started raining and I had to close the sliding door for that shower. I asked him a couple times if he wants to get out before I close it. He decided to stay dry and watch his buddies getting rained on.

14. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to McCarthy:

AnnRie (04-10-2022), Chirps (04-03-2022), Mel1959 (04-03-2022), sundoesshine (04-04-2022)

I "day" in my life...

16. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to McCarthy:

AnnRie (04-10-2022), BCChins (04-05-2022), Chirps (04-05-2022), Grinderhead (04-05-2022), island rehabber (04-07-2022)

This is just hysterical - all of those little monsters stomping all over the van - and you. BTW, obviously the unblanched almonds are better - listening to that one back foot desperately holding on to the seat...and the one who leaped out to displace the guy on the stump... They ALL own you - you will notice they go out of their way to sit on or next to you even if it isn't the most convenient place to sit. That, my friend, is ownership! They could produce legal papers if necessary. Your control is admirable - I would be bursting out laughing and scaring them!

18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

McCarthy (04-05-2022)

OMG that was so precious the way the one sat its little bottom on you like you were a chair . . .

"Hmm, sunglasses. Nah, they wouldn't fit." . . .
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

20. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Chirps from:

McCarthy (04-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Chirps View Post
    OMG that was so precious the way the one sat its little bottom on you like you were a chair . . .

"Hmm, sunglasses. Nah, they wouldn't fit." . . .

He is a younger generation and has some neuro issues. At times he tends to wobble to one side when sitting down or when trying to balance on soft / uneven ground. He knows that he has a disadvantage, so he is more careful around other squirrels. It took longer to bond width him, but now he even uses me as a safe harbor when other squirrels show up. You can see how he quickly heard the other squirrel coming in and looked over the edge. He first looked at him, and then at me. We made eye contact and he felt safer, so he stayed around close to me.

He and my girl are the only ones I can pet and handle. The other ones are all over me, but when I deliberately touch them they make this 180 degree flip on the spot and look at me with this "What are you doing?" stare. As long as they make this defensive turn I won't push it. Sliced up fingers are a pain in the... shower etc. lol

Some new photos. Decided to keep them out of my camper for once.

Having a hard time taking photos of the gang up in the trees or on the ground. When I stand still for 10 seconds I have one sitting on my shoulder, 2 climbing up my legs, and another 2 standing in-front of me teeth chattering and about to chase off those guys hanging on me. My legs look like I jumped half a dozen barb wire fences lol

People walk up to me and want to take photos. Today a lady from the Midwest said she has never seen anything like that.

Love that new lens! It was worth it just for the gang.

Yes, that's my girl!

23. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to McCarthy:

AnnRie (04-10-2022), Chirps (04-07-2022), Grinderhead (04-06-2022), Mel1959 (04-07-2022), stepnstone (04-11-2022)

She has babies! I wonder when she will introduce them to you?

25. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

McCarthy (04-07-2022)

Beautiful pictures of the gang 🤩
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

27. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

McCarthy (04-07-2022)

Wonderful video and pix! They sure know you are an 'ok human'; they are so relaxed. I see you have Laughing Gulls there, too, ours never shut up! My BF calls them "screwhead gulls" because of their plumage that changes from all white with flecks to white body, black heads. He says it's like they unscrew their white heads in mating season and replace them with black.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

29. Serious fuzzy thank you's to island rehabber from:

McCarthy (04-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    Wonderful video and pix! They sure know you are an 'ok human'; they are so relaxed. I see you have Laughing Gulls there, too, ours never shut up! My BF calls them "screwhead gulls" because of their plumage that changes from all white with flecks to white body, black heads. He says it's like they unscrew their white heads in mating season and replace them with black.
    It is almost always just one out of a group of gulls that keeps repeating the same annoying loud call. Every time that gull shows up and is about to start his call I yell "shut up" and point at him lol

Sometimes that works when you catch them in the right moment.

That drama play got me some laughs as well when others are around, especially when the gull keeps calling and I keep repeating "shuuuuuuut up!".

They watch the squirrel gang coming out of my camper with a nut and hang around. I wouldn't mind giving them some food, but doing that just once and you will have all gulls from the county and a massive headache lined up within 2 minutes.

The alpha from that squirrel gang is the only one that attacks the gulls at times when they get to close. The gulls don't mess with the squirrels. I guess it only takes one time being clawed in your face to remember that this ain't no fun.

So closing the camper and leaving for a walk doesn't really work. When I came back, I had 3 of the gang eagerly waiting for me.

Once I opened the door they jump in before I could get in. When they are not eating, the dash is their favorite hang-out spot.

Today, one of the clowns quickly found my own stash of Smokehouse almonds.

They are very salty and have a bunch of spices added. While he was gone burying one of those nuts I quickly removed that container, and replaced it with a piece of banana, in order to make up for it with something healthy.

That didn't last very long and the banana pieces was elegantly dropped on my cell phone, which he was standing on.

They just do what they want... I guess they will demand Smokehouse almonds from now on.

32. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to McCarthy:

AnnRie (04-10-2022), Chirps (04-09-2022), Grinderhead (04-10-2022)

After the gang shredded my camper and I ran out of almonds (never ever run out of almonds, and if you do, RUUUUUN!), it was time for some one on one love, so I took my girl out to the beach. She had a blast playing in the sand.

34. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to McCarthy:

Chirps (04-11-2022), Grinderhead (04-10-2022), island rehabber (04-11-2022), stepnstone (04-11-2022)

Look at her she is beautiful!! Does she just follow you to the sand?
    AND
    That Sunset

36. Serious fuzzy thank you's to BCChins from:

McCarthy (04-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by BCChins View Post
    Look at her she is beautiful!! Does she just follow you to the sand?
    AND
    That Sunset

Done that a few times. I can pick her up and walk around, or she climbs up my legs and hangs on, or I can call her and she follows me everywhere. Didn't try to go to the water line though, I don't want her to be too far away from her nest and babies.

38. Serious fuzzy thank you's to McCarthy from:

stepnstone (04-11-2022)

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast