Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Its time for a grey

Default Re: Its time for a grey

If you can get your hands on some Revolution (selamectin) you can treat your wild friends for fleas. It requires a vet Rx or can be purchased from Joes Pet Meds online from Australia with no Rx. One drop in the groove of a nut once a month. To the best of my knowledge it is safe for nursing moms.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

McCarthy (03-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    If you can get your hands on some Revolution (selamectin) you can treat your wild friends for fleas. It requires a vet Rx or can be purchased from Joes Pet Meds online from Australia with no Rx. One drop in the groove of a nut once a month. To the best of my knowledge it is safe for nursing moms.
    That I can do. I can make her out, out of hundreds of squirrels. Well, and she will always find me too.

Revolution Plus for Cats I assume?

Awesome 👍
    Would hate for you not to enjoy your fuzzer friends 🐿️
    They seem to really enjoy you
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

Quote Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
    That I can do. I can make her out, out of hundreds of squirrels. Well, and she will always find me too.

Revolution Plus for Cats I assume?
    NO. Not the Rev Plus. This: https://www.joespetmeds.com/flea-tic...-cats-dogs.htm

Get the smallest - looks like it is for "very small dogs" You won't follow their dosing directions, which is to use the entire tube. You want to use ONE drop, and I would predose some pecan halves - drop it on there and let it dry, then smear a little peanut butter over where you put the meds and hand it off.

Reseal the tube and you can use it until all the liquid is gone.

6. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Chirps (03-07-2022), McCarthy (03-07-2022), Mel1959 (03-07-2022)

I used to live on Miami Beach for many years, got tired of party central, and moved to the west coast (of Florida) about 9 years ago, right between Tampa and Sarasota.
    There was a very friendly wild beach squirrel mama just like your friend in Bayfront park in Sarasota for the past few years. I so want this to be her if you're near there, her name is Coco and she introduced her babies to her person so keep that camera handy!

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to QueenP:

Chirps (03-07-2022), McCarthy (03-07-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by QueenP View Post
    There was a very friendly wild beach squirrel mama just like your friend in Bayfront park in Sarasota for the past few years. I so want this to be her if you're near there, her name is Coco and she introduced her babies to her person so keep that camera handy!

Bayfront park in Sarasota is about 15 miles away, must be another one. But I'll check that park out!

Couldn't resist and went back seeing her and the gang.

Today was self-service. She took my nuts straight out of the bag and hid them in my camper. A small forest will look nice in it! Some had been placed under my t-shirt and even in a pocket of my shorts.

This nut was dropped somewhere behind the TV.

Her favorite spot when I'm preparing food or when being on the laptop. She just sits there and watches what I do.

Arm wrestling. She won.

I now can handle her completely.

11. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to McCarthy:

Grinderhead (03-07-2022), Mel1959 (03-08-2022)

Thumbs up Re: Its time for a grey

You my friend are now
    Welcome to the club 😂🥰
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

*Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

McCarthy (03-08-2022)

Bayfront park in Sarasota is about 15 miles away, must be another one. But I'll check that park out!
    You gonna two-time on your girl?
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

Quote Originally Posted by Chirps View Post
    You gonna two-time on your girl?

Hey, we are not living together

The day she decides to move in permanently and come home I'll be faithful lol

In all seriousness, I'll see what she is up to when her babies are on their own.

Photos of the day.

Second favorite spot:

I'll bring a toothbrush tomorrow!

Prima ballerina:

Hugging time:

Stole a tomato out of my salad:

Becoming jealous because I was working on the computer:

Lets sit right here so you can't keep working:

Nooooooo, I didn't just burry another nut in the dirt!

17. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to McCarthy:

Bravo (03-09-2022), Chirps (03-09-2022), Grinderhead (03-09-2022), Mel1959 (03-09-2022), Taz2020 (03-09-2022), tnd5 (03-09-2022)

Love this girlie!

PS: no need for toothbrush. Adult squirrels are SUPPOSED to have orange teeth.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

19. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to island rehabber:

McCarthy (03-09-2022), stepnstone (03-09-2022)

I love this thread 🥰😁👍

21. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

McCarthy (03-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    Love this girlie!

PS: no need for toothbrush. Adult squirrels are SUPPOSED to have orange teeth.
    The orange color comes from the enamel that coats the teeth.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

Just came back from the beach park with bad news.

Twice a week they run a beach market with about 60 to 80 vendors, selling t-shirts, art, hotdogs, etc. 2 vendors told me that people complained about the squirrels getting into their bags and whatnot, looking for food. And some kids tried to trick a squirrel by making it believe that they have food in hand, and pulling the hand away when the squirrel showered interest, resulting in the stupid kid being bitten, and the retarded parents complaining about the "out of control" squirrels.

According to one vendor, the market manager is looking into trapping them, and the other vender said they are looking into terminating them.

I'm sitting here at home, speechless basically.

I'm so mad at these ****bags of human cancer.

Humans invade their living spaces, and when they can't keep their own crap protected, they just kill nature.

How hard is it, to put your stuff in a plastic container with a lid?!

The park has also plenty of crows and seagulls, they too will go through beach bags and even open zippers, on the hunt for food. What are they going to do about that? Shoot them all out of the air?

The human race is cancer to this planet, I swear.

Not sure what I will do. I may call the county and the market manager tomorrow, and ask if this is true. If one of them confirms it, I will let them know that I will sue them through all instances if they move forward, I will exposes them in the media, and I will find animal rights organizations to look into this as well.

24. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to McCarthy:

Chirps (03-10-2022), Taz2020 (03-09-2022)

The dangers and costs of squirrels becoming acclimated to humans... I have released 2 squirrels at my remote property that became pests when released elsewhere because they were acclimated to people. Very similar to when squirrels are acclimated to dogs, cats, etc... it never ends well for the squirrels.

While your intents are good, I've never seen a successful campaign to end orchestrated events to kill squirrels... from Clemson University to the annual squirrel culling in the NE sponsored by the local Fire Dept... that squirrel hunt is in the middle of baby season and I am sure almost all of the squirrels shot are left to rot (versus being harvested for a useful purpose).

26. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Spanky from:

McCarthy (03-10-2022)

I'll find out if this is true, when it is going to happen, and I'll get her out.

After that I'm done with humans, for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    The dangers and costs of squirrels becoming acclimated to humans... I have released 2 squirrels at my remote property that became pests when released elsewhere because they were acclimated to people. Very similar to when squirrels are acclimated to dogs, cats, etc...
    it never ends well for the squirrels.
    This is the unfortunate truth!
    It is not the squirrels that are uncontrollable, it is mankind!
    The most destructive species on this planet!
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

Just came back from the beach park with bad news.

Twice a week they run a beach market with about 60 to 80 vendors, selling t-shirts, art, hotdogs, etc. 2 vendors told me that people complained about the squirrels getting into their bags and whatnot, looking for food. And some kids tried to trick a squirrel by making it believe that they have food in hand, and pulling the hand away when the squirrel showered interest, resulting in the stupid kid being bitten, and the retarded parents complaining about the "out of control" squirrels.

According to one vendor, the market manager is looking into trapping them, and the other vender said they are looking into terminating them.

I'm sitting here at home, speechless basically.

I'm so mad at these ****bags of human cancer.

Humans invade their living spaces, and when they can't keep their own crap protected, they just kill nature.

How hard is it, to put your stuff in a plastic container with a lid?!

The park has also plenty of crows and seagulls, they too will go through beach bags and even open zippers, on the hunt for food. What are they going to do about that? Shoot them all out of the air?

The human race is cancer to this planet, I swear.

Not sure what I will do. I may call the county and the market manager tomorrow, and ask if this is true. If one of them confirms it, I will let them know that I will sue them through all instances if they move forward, I will exposes them in the media, and I will find animal rights organizations to look into this as well.
    I wonder if any kind of information/education campaign to help people catch a clue would have any beneficial effect.

Good point about the gulls and crows dong the same. (Up here some of the boardwalks have hired falconers to let their birds fly to discourage the gulls.) Sounds like people need to be made aware to guard their stuff from ALL the animals there. And the kids need to be taught not to tease the squirrels.

Unfortunately, I fear that what they COULD do to coexist with the squirrels will take a backseat to other measures.
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

30. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Chirps from:

McCarthy (03-10-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Chirps View Post
    I wonder if any kind of information/education campaign to help people catch a clue would have any beneficial effect.

Good point about the gulls and crows dong the same. (Up here some of the boardwalks have hired falconers to let their birds fly to discourage the gulls.) Sounds like people need to be made aware to guard their stuff from ALL the animals there. And the kids need to be taught not to tease the squirrels.

Unfortunately, I fear that what they COULD do to coexist with the squirrels will take a backseat to other measures.

Most people in that park are tourists, often from other countries, they don't even read the existing signs.

I found out what the real issues is: false perception that has been ingrained for a very long time.

I have been going to this park for a couple months now, seeing the squirrels. About 6 times I was warned by strangers, ranging from "they carry rabies", "they are rabid", to "they just bit another person". As far as I know, squirrels do not transfer rabies and are rarely infected. Oddly enough, ALL those warnings came from females, while I saw about 10 males feeding the squirrels and not pushing any fear mongering.

I think there are certain people, usually women, that have a fear of anything that looks and moves like mice, rats, or squirrels. Then the typical American reaction shows in the form of "They need to do something about these pests!".

I used to live in Germany for over 3 decades. There you will see your approach of living WITH nature. In the US, if there is fear or any issues with wildlife involved, they rather tend to eliminate the perceived risk, and work against nature.

This is a cultural thing. Changing that will take generations and would have to start with parenting and in schools. That's a fight I'm too old and exhausted for.

There is obviously more to it, but I'm really done with "humans". Sure, there are exceptions, like you fine folks on this forum, but I can't stand people anymore. One reason why I get along with animals so well, is because humans are not a race I consider to be smart nor worthwhile anymore.

32. Serious fuzzy thank you's to McCarthy from:

Chirps (03-10-2022)

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast