Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overgrown teeth or something more

Default Re: Overgrown teeth or something more

Quote Originally Posted by LaShae1995 View Post
    When I open her mouth and look inside I can see the bottom teeth touching the roof of her mouth no wounds or injuries but maybe it touching causes discomfort and therefore she begins to drool. ?

I don't understand... her bottom teeth get so long that they are touching the roof of her mouth.. when her mouth is open?

Sorry I worded that wrongly... I open her mouth to check her teeth and when I close her mouth and pull her lip to the side so I can see how they look when her mouth is closed or basically closed her teeth touch the roof of her mouth. Next time (hopefully never) ill post a picture if I can get one of what I'm talking about. Sorry, I'm bad at trying to explain stuff.

These are from today with them trimmed. The first picture is what I'm talking about but they touched the roof of her mouth and her face was soaked in drool.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Thank you for for clarifying, I am little confused and not understanding well. FWIW - When their lower lip is pulled down, it always gives the impression the teeth are too long. Her lowers in today's picture are too short if anything. If you get a chance to post similar pictures when you believe she is ready for her next trimming, that would be most helpful.

The walnuts and almonds are very occasional training treats and I give very very small nibbles to her when I call her. They work very good just incase anyone else wants to try to train their babies.

The pine nuts.... can squirrels have them?
    Enjoy pictures of Miss Sandy being adorable 💕 🐿

All nuts are bad because of their Ca:P ratio, but pine nuts are the worst. Just say no to pine nuts!

Hazelnuts and almonds are the best of the worst. Almonds are popular because many of us have found they help reduce the number of seizures in squirrels prone to seizures... they are high in magnesium, which we think is why they reduce the number of seizures.

So could I still give nuts as an occasional treat? Almonds, Hazel Nuts, English Walnut, and Black Walnut? She loves them so much :/ absolutely no pine nut or Brazil nut 🙅*♀️

If anyone may know why a squirrle would drool if the teeth appear good could yall please give me some advice thank you

Yes, you can give them as an occasional treat, just no pine nuts or Brazil nuts.

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

LaShae1995 (02-27-2022)

So how long should their teeth be? I am so confused. Can someone please post a picture of squirrels with the correct length and incorrect length? I just want to do right by my boy Nolan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12