Thread: Possible MBD? I donít know. Emergency!!!!

Unhappy Possible MBD? I donít know. Emergency!!!!

I need some help figuring out what’s wrong with my 11 month squirrel! He has been having white watery stuff in his eyes lately and he hobbles around a makes a noise like he’s hurt his leg, it’s an on going thing but he acts fine til he has to walk or you pick him up a certain way and i don’t know how but it’s been like this for a couple months and at fist I didn’t think it was something til it’s gotten to a weird feeling now. It started with his back leg to where he sleeps a lot but today he’s been shaking his head but it would only last a few seconds. I need help. Also just now he started shaking his back leg and making a noise as if it was hurting and when I held my hand against his legs to just comfort him I can feel a thumping feeling in his leg in the muscle part. I’m so lost because this has just started and he’s been doing so good. Help asap! Please also he recently had a little diarrhea but that was for a day and the other day he peed on his self and was trying to lick it off. I had to give him a bath. He has been sneezing here and there. This mommy is very upset;(I don’t want nothing happening to my Scrat. Someone please help me. I haven’t went to sleep because how he’s been acting.

Default Re: Possible MBD? I donít know. Emergency!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrat View Post
    I need some help figuring out whatís wrong with my 11 month squirrel! He has been having white watery stuff in his eyes lately and he hobbles around a makes a noise like heís hurt his leg, itís an on going thing but he acts fine til he has to walk or you pick him up a certain way and i donít know how but itís been like this for a couple months and at fist I didnít think it was something til itís gotten to a weird feeling now. It started with his back leg to where he sleeps a lot but today heís been shaking his head but it would only last a few seconds. I need help. Also just now he started shaking his back leg and making a noise as if it was hurting and when I held my hand against his legs to just comfort him I can feel a thumping feeling in his leg in the muscle part. Iím so lost because this has just started and heís been doing so good. Help asap! Please also he recently had a little diarrhea but that was for a day and the other day he peed on his self and was trying to lick it off. I had to give him a bath. He has been sneezing here and there. This mommy is very upset;(I donít want nothing happening to my Scrat. Someone please help me. I havenít went to sleep because how heís been acting.
    Very possible with the symptoms it is mbd so please explain, what is his diet, what all is he fed?
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

Default Re: Possible MBD? I donít know. Emergency!!!!

Here is the link for emergency MBD treatment. Iíd begin it immediately. https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-MBD-Treatment If this isnít MBD it wonít hurt him, if it is it might save his life.

Follow the treatment exactly as described. If this is MBD it will take months to correct.

Once youíve begun treatment please post what his diet consists of.