Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Victoria not eating

Default Re: Victoria not eating

Quote Originally Posted by Snicker Bar View Post
    Ok!
    I’ll definitely try this,

I have a whole bag of the big, crisp green grapes.

I’m just not ready to lose her. She’s my very special girl
    I fervently hope that Little Victoria will find that your new grape preparation suits her taste!
    SamtheSquirrel

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

Snicker Bar (02-11-2022)

Will see how goes, on way to store after work to get a new blender for smoothies and will try grapes and maybe avacado. Shes just not doing good at all last 3/4 days. Will update as weekend goes .

🙏🙏🙏
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Charley Chuckles from:

sundoesshine (02-11-2022)

Will see how goes, on way to store after work to get a new blender for smoothies and will try grapes and maybe avacado. Shes just not doing good at all last 3/4 days. Will update as weekend goes .
    Will she just eat the grapes plain, is she drinking? If not maybe that would get her hydrated and feeling better. Or take a bit of the powdered rat block and add to the yogurt maybe?

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to sundoesshine from:

SamtheSquirrel2018 (02-11-2022)

Sorry you are still not doing well Little Victoria! Have fun with the new blender Snicker Bar! If your experience is like mine was when I first tried using a food blender for making grape puree; you will have a batch or two of grape juice for you to drink before you get the right consistency. Enjoy! SB, please also consider supplementing with Formula if Victoria is not eating. Warm "milk" fed from a syringe though a miracle nipple (or similar) while being held upright just as if she was a baby Squirrel again might even be comforting to Victoria and provide for some nutritional support and fluids as well (just a thought). I suspect that something is going on that is resulting in poor appetite rather than this being just poor appetite alone but I just do not have the insight for suggesting anything in particular. Infection and pain commonly can affect appetite but I also know you are well aware of this have been very diligent in searching for new potentially associated medical issues and will continue to do so. I very much hope that Victoria returns to her base-line state (or better) in the immediate future!
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

Snicker Bar (02-11-2022)

Im praying for Victoria. I hope she loves her new grape slurry.

11. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

SamtheSquirrel2018 (02-12-2022), Snicker Bar (02-11-2022)

If she isn't eating the block presently, adding a factored measure of calcium citrate to that of what she is eating in support of her kidneys, is strongly advised, for the ability of the kidney in older rats that lowers with age, makes it needful to raise the (Ca:P) ratio to compensate for higher phosphorus retention, and also lower calcium retention concurrent with aging, to slow the advancement of kidney disease in rats. Testing for proteinuria is advised.

With the So. subspecies of the E. gray squirrel aging more quickly by comparison to the northern ssp., likewise the kidneys have also. In a research study in adult rats, Calcium citrate was found to improve the kidney function in adult rats with lowered function; Calcium carbonate, also tested, was did not improve the kidney function in adult rats with lowered kidney function.

13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Diggie's Friend from:

Snicker Bar (02-12-2022)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123