Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poss uti or ?

Default Re: Poss uti or ?

Yeah, it has been looking and sounding like heat but holy moly - 5 months! At least you know what to look for now. How long has she been on the amoxicillin?

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    Yeah, it has been looking and sounding like heat but holy moly - 5 months! At least you know what to look for now. How long has she been on the amoxicillin?
    I think she said Tuesday was day 4 of the amoxicillin.

Since you’re not noticing any other symptoms of illness it’s probably safe to say it’s not a UTI. You want to be sure that she is urinating ok as that would be a symptom of a UTI but wouldn’t be an issue with a heat cycle. Of course if you wanted to err on the safe side you could complete 7 days of antibiotic, too.

Has she shown any aggressive behavior when this started? It seems most times when we hear about a female in heat they have a pissy attitude and are more aggressive.

She can have cranberry juice if she’ll take it.

I only did the four days of Amoxicillin and I im thankful she didn't have any problems while taking it. She really didn't like taking her medicine lol. She looks and seems to feel amazing now. She's bushing her tail more and is just more active since this odreal. I took her out for playtime tonight well I guess last night as its 6 am right now and she was sweet to me but she jumped on my younger sisters back and attacked I had to put my in the way and once she realized it was me she quit. She didn't bring the blood on anyone but still I didn't let anyone else be around her. She usually does try to attack my sisters brother and mom I guess you could say she's a one person squirrel. Is that a typical squirrel thing just to take up to one person and tolerate the others or is this just her. She laid in my lap for about 15 to 30 minutes last night making me scratch her so maybe she's just spoiled idk but she's doing great I am so thankful to yall on here. Yall have been so kind and helpful and Miss Sandy says she loves yall. 🐿❤

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post

Reply answered down below again, thank you 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    I think she said Tuesday was day 4 of the amoxicillin.

Since you’re not noticing any other symptoms of illness it’s probably safe to say it’s not a UTI. You want to be sure that she is urinating ok as that would be a symptom of a UTI but wouldn’t be an issue with a heat cycle. Of course if you wanted to err on the safe side you could complete 7 days of antibiotic, too.

Has she shown any aggressive behavior when this started? It seems most times when we hear about a female in heat they have a pissy attitude and are more aggressive.

She can have cranberry juice if she’ll take it.

Reply answered down below again, thank you 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by LaShae1995 View Post
    I only did the four days of Amoxicillin and I im thankful she didn't have any problems while taking it. She really didn't like taking her medicine lol. She looks and seems to feel amazing now. She's bushing her tail more and is just more active since this odreal. I took her out for playtime tonight well I guess last night as its 6 am right now and she was sweet to me but she jumped on my younger sisters back and attacked I had to put my in the way and once she realized it was me she quit. She didn't bring the blood on anyone but still I didn't let anyone else be around her. She usually does try to attack my sisters brother and mom I guess you could say she's a one person squirrel. Is that a typical squirrel thing just to take up to one person and tolerate the others or is this just her. She laid in my lap for about 15 to 30 minutes last night making me scratch her so maybe she's just spoiled idk but she's doing great I am so thankful to yall on here. Yall have been so kind and helpful and Miss Sandy says she loves yall. 🐿❤
    I’m glad to hear Miss Sandy is acting like her old self. . Yes, it is very common for squirrels to only accept one person. It’s for this reason that others must be very careful when around someone’s squirrel. Squirrel attacks have sent folks to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    I’m glad to hear Miss Sandy is acting like her old self. . Yes, it is very common for squirrels to only accept one person. It’s for this reason that others must be very careful when around someone’s squirrel. Squirrel attacks have sent folks to the hospital.

Me too 😊 I thought may be the case. Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Default Is her teeth ok?

I noticed she has been drooling a bit not much but some. I was wonderingnif her teeth look alright? If I need to trim then I know how but I really wouldn't look forward to it. I've trimmed rabbits and guniea pigs teeth before so I know it'd be ok but its just something I wouldn't want to do unless absolutely necessary.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I hope others will look at these pictures and give their opinion. It looks to me like her teeth aren’t lining up….and that the lower ones may be hitting her palate. If others agree with my opinion then a trim might be in order. Please don’t do anything till some other folks that are more experienced with teeth issues weigh in.

Does Sandy have wood, bones or antlers to chew on? Can she open an in shell nut?

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

LaShae1995 (01-30-2022)

Yes she has wood and nuts and a natural rock her antler got threw out by accident a couple of days ago so waiting on the other to arrive. My sister also knows about rodent teeth so ill ask her too. I'll wait, hopefully someone will be able to help. Maybe that's why she's been holding off the pecans becuase of her teeth. I thought she was just getting tired of them. Thansk for your fast reply.

I'll post updates and questions on my other thread so that the teeth related questions can all be in one place so everyone can know what's going on.

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...89#post1342289

Or just search Overgrown teeth or something by LaShae1995 thanks everyone 😊

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12