Thread: Odotonma Surgery Cost

Default Odotonma Surgery Cost

I'm wondering if any one would like to share what was done to their little one and what was the cost ? Thank you !

Default Re: Odotonma Surgery Cost

Dr. Emerson did an amazing job for my Doodles. She is a neuro/malocclusion. I had to trim her teeth weekly. She developed an odontoma, and her other bad teeth were at risk of producing more . She removed all 4 incisors and the Odontoma that was growing in one of the top incisors . She left a “blow hole” (an opening that relieved fluids from building up and causing pressure) over the spot that the tumor was removed. It had to close up gradually. I had to suction it daily and put drops in it. She took antibiotics and pain meds. She did not eat well for several days but she finally started to take gruel and small soft boo ball pieces . Eventually , after about 4 weeks, she began to act like her ‘normal neuro’ self. I’m not sure I remember the cost; she worked on three for me that trip. But regardless of the cost, it was worth it. She did an amazing job; my girl will never have to deal with those tooth nippers again, and she is pain free

Name:  105B578B-AA24-456A-835B-D0A54F619AD5.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  123.1 KB

My prairie dog/squirrel (she had double hematomas ) I still have to hand feed her twice daily but only because she has balance issues and, with no front teeth she struggles to take bites. She is also very spoiled

3. 5 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Snicker Bar:

Charley Chuckles (01-18-2022), Grinderhead (01-15-2022), marip (01-15-2022), Mel1959 (01-18-2022), Scooterzmom (01-15-2022)

I think the cost for odontoma surgery varies depending on the severity. If it’s left to progress the odontomas grow larger and it becomes more invasive to remove them.

I see you’re in Miami. It is well worth the drive to Port Orange to have Dr. Emerson do the surgery. I know for a fact her charge is much less than other vets….she’s also one of the best at it. It’s for this reason that folks have driven from California, Texas and many other states to have her do the surgery on their squirrels.

Please reach out to her office at 386-788-1550. She will review X-rays and offer advice if asked.

5. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Charley Chuckles (01-18-2022), marip (01-20-2022)

Thankfully my little one does not have odotonma, but
    I ask because I believe its good to know what to expect (undestanding ever situation is different) so I can be financially prepared god forbid should it ever happen.

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to marip from:

Mel1959 (01-21-2022)