Thread: UTI antibio infos please!!

Exclamation UTI antibio infos please!!

Hello!
    My lil buddy have an Uti since 7-8 days (i gave him few acorns and few bites of beetroots, so i wait to see...Urine still redish/pinkish, smells bad... lick his penis more often since yesterday and often only get few drops...(oh and started to shake too when i touch him (i talked with rehab from here...and theres no vet close (even if im in big city!!but anyway...)) and tried to call on regular vet,whose does only cats and dogs saying they cant help me ! He seems getting pain !����

So , i read another post exactly for what i need, the better antibio to give.. I have prescriptions for doxycycline 100mgs and surely can have easily cipro too.

On the post i read, no dosage etc was written in! Thats what i need! Hes more lethargic AND energic, (running and lie down quick and restart that often on same place in the room since yesterday)

Sadly, i don't know his weight, the balance dont works over 500g (thats what i learned yesterday!) but he s 7-8 months...he s not fat, just regular shape for animal by touch.

If theres few things too i could give him to eat to feel better, i would take all suggestions too!

A big thanks in advance for the answers!
    And more, for all what you all made with this super forum!! I read everything and everywhere but never seen the forum!! Im sooooo grateful!!����
    (Sorry for mispelling and bad sentences!)

Default Re: UTI antibio infos please!!

Can you post a picture of him next to something familiar like a coke can? Someone can estimate the weight from that. To post a picture scroll down below the message box and there is a small box that says “manage attachments”. Click on that and it will allow you to add a picture or take one.

Cipro is an excellent drug for UTI’s. You would need to post the strength of the medicine for dosing. Doxy may also work.

As for foods…be sure he’s drinking plenty of water. Raw Cranberries are helpful for UTI’s…not a cure but might help.

** I have doxycycline 100mgs and found cipro 500mgs

I called other vets and exotic vets and they don't wanted to help without seeing him (which is impossible!! :'( )

Yeah! I will do that!

Hope pictured are good...!
    There's a lot of distortions
    Attached Images Attached Images       

I sent you a private message with information on how to dose the 500mg cipro. As I said in my PM, if you are unsure of how to read a syringe, please come back here and ask. You MUST have a 1cc syringe to do this - larger will not work.

I "guesstimated" 600 grams for her weight.

Yeah! Im confused about seringe! I think in my pv, i was wrong! I need help!

It will be only 2.4 on the 1cc? Not 24..?
    (So, not 100mgs too!but 10 less!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia Houx View Post
    Yeah! Im confused about seringe! I think in my pv, i was wrong! I need help!

It will be only 2.4 on the 1cc? Not 24..?
    (So, not 100mgs too!but 10 less!!)

No. The 1cc syringe is divided into 10 major divisions. .1, .2, .3, .4 and so on up to 1.0. You will fill the syringe all the way to the end where it says "1.0" twenty two times with water to mix with the pill. To dose your squirrel. you will suck up that mixture in the syringe to where it says .2 (point two) and then just one of the tiny lines past that - in fact it is such a small amount you can just go to the point two line and use that.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Guys - can someone help me here? Nancy used to use a great drawing to help dose and I can't find it... I am trying to dose .24cc of the completed solution as a once per day dose...

OK - go here: https://www.registerednursern.com/ho...ead-a-syringe/

There is a section on 1cc syringes.