Thread: 8 months old- growling and scratching my hands

Threaded View

Default Re: 8 months old- growling and scratching my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Asteria View Post
    I’m a bit confused on information I am receiving. If squirrels need at least like 4-5 hours of out of cage time and need to be supervised so they do not get into anything then how do we do just not let her out of the cage until spring? Even if we let her out of the cage and tired to limit interaction a lot of the time she comes up to us to play and for pets. How can we leave her in a cage for months would she not go stir crazy and potentially hurt herself?
    I’m not sure what you’re asking? Is this a squirrel you intend to release in the Spring? Are you questioning if you should continue to interact with her until she goes to the release cage? If that’s your question then my answer would be “yes”. I interacted with my injured girl up until she matured enough and decided she wanted her freedom. At that point she became unpredictable about biting so it was easy to limit my interaction. Then once she was put in the release cage interaction was limited even further. She wilded up, was released and lives in my yard……..and remains friendly on HER terms.

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Chirps (12-31-2021)