Thread: What is this noise Peanut is making?

Default What is this noise Peanut is making?

https://youtube.com/shorts/YvDUBKiA2Ug?feature=share

So, is this a happy noise or an angry noise? She jumps on this one particular toy, and I can't tell if she's playing or trying to kill it. She seems really excited by it...

Default Re: What is this noise Peanut is making?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabache View Post
    https://youtube.com/shorts/YvDUBKiA2Ug?feature=share

So, is this a happy noise or an angry noise? She jumps on this one particular toy, and I can't tell if she's playing or trying to kill it. She seems really excited by it...
    Both. She is kicking that toy's butt! Try taking a nut out of her mouth sometime and you will hear it again. I consider this "fussing."

She is adorable. I mean fearsome. Yeah, that's what I meant.

3. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Chirps (12-28-2021), Lighten-Up (02-09-2022), Sabache (12-28-2021), Scooterzmom (12-26-2021), stepnstone (12-26-2021), sundoesshine (12-27-2021)

Shoot, I would never try to take anything out of her .mouth except my finger! Still afraid she's going to bite me out of the blue, from all the "you WILL be bit" horror stories.

Just a bit of advice; years ago when we cared for a couple of squirrels we had raised from babies; we included a rope like you have there made of synthetic fiber as a play toy. One day I found my girl's toe stuck in it and she couldn't extract it by herself even so she tried as it make her capture by it worse. This is the same kind of issues that poly-spun fiber fill is known to cause, and the reason that neither source should be included in the habitat of squirrels, be they babies or adults.

At that time we removed the poly rope and replace it with untreated cotton woven rope lengths used for horse leads and lines. All we had to do was to thread a measured length of this trop through the top of the cage and knot it; then knot the other end at the bottom of the cage also. That way we could pull it up and drop it to encourage her to play with it, which she did. I still have that length of rope survived near a decade of play. This is what it looks like; preferred the 3/4 to 1 inch in width.

https://rightrope.com/product/twisted-100-cotton/

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Diggie's Friend from:

Sabache (12-31-2021)

Thank you, I will find a replacement tomorrow!