First - MANY thanks to everyone who has helped during the first few months with Lady Templeton (who has somehow become lovingly referred to as Toot Toot or Pancake, for some reason lol) - she is just over 4 months old and is *thriving*!!!

I have a question about cleaning urine - particularly from wood - and hopefully deterring her from peeing in the same spot allllllllllll the time.

She is living in a critter nation, and has large branches that she practices parkour on all day, as well as an elevated nesting box that is very much her private space. We first tried the tray liner as a floor covered in litter, but she only kicked it out. So we modified the cage so that the tray slides *under* the cage floor, and is filled with litter (so far we’ve tried CareFresh paper litter and ground walnut shell litter, as well as a mixture of both, but none of it seems to trigger the “pee here” instinct. Also tried adding a small litter box in the corner, but she only ever used it to play in… never pee. Instead she pretty much only pees on one spot — the top of one of the wood perches. And it’s getting pretty impossible to clean since it just absorbed it!

I’ve been cleaning that perch with only hot water, because I’ve been unsure about what type of cleaner would be safe. I’m hoping you may have a suggestion on a product to use. Additionally, is there one that would deter her from continuing to pee here (I have heard that this sort of thing exists for cats and dogs). Lastly - *how on earth* do we get her to use the litter box?!?!

It’s been a lot of heavy sighs when it comes to this, but literally EVERYTHING ELSE she does is perfect and adorable.

Name:  06DE9701-8248-41A8-9022-55275708A9A6.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  124.9 KB

P.S. here is her holiday card

Name:  41B4906B-509F-4811-8894-5B58705B07A2.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  114.8 KB

@ the.lady.templeton if you follow babies on instagram!