Thread: Please can anyone help me

Question Please can anyone help me

I was standing in the road last Tuesday and Thursday look down and here is a full grown squirrel.he was not scared at all we brought him home he has a head injury almost he has has road rash .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Please can anyone help me

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelly's View Post
    I was standing in the road last Tuesday and Thursday look down and here is a full grown squirrel.he was not scared at all we brought him home he has a head injury almost he has has road rash .
    Poor baby! Thank you for trying to help him! Let's try to gather more info while we wait for the experts so they can help ASAP.

You're in Smyrna, GA? Can you drive him somewhere if needed?

Besides the head wound, are there any other visible injuries? How alert is he? Has he growled or tried to escape or is he mostly just laying there resting? Was or is he able to walk or crawl? Have you noticed any limping or leg problems?

Do you have him in something that he can't escape from if he suddenly "comes to" (like a kennel or closed cardboard box etc.)?

Has he had anything to eat or drink? If not, you could try offering something like warm water with honey in it or Pedialyte. Sugar in water works if that's all you have.

A source of gentle heat might give him some comfort, like a rice sock (fill a sock with dried rice, tie it closed, and microwave it), a warm water bottle or rock, or a heating pad on low put under one side of whatever he's in (but make sure he can move away from the heat if he gets too warm).

Can you post more pictures when you get the chance?

Hand and eye protection when you're near him would be good. The thickest gloves you have and glasses or goggles. They can scratch or bite when scared.

Omg poor baby 🙏🙏🙏🙏
    I do know of a good squirrel vet but he's in Dublin , a good friend of mine used him often for his squirrel however looks like it's about 2 hours 30 minutes away from you. Possibly a phone call to them could help you find a closer squirrel friendly vet.
    Smalley's Animal Hospital

600 East Jackson St

Dublin, GA 31021

478-272-2933
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

This looks like an "older" injury that had abscessed and broke, that can explain the fur loss.
    Whatever caused the injury likely resulted in some neuro damage which could explain his "calm" reactions.

I would suggest cleaning the area with some diluted Betadine and treat with an antibiotic for residual infection.
    If he has any impaired movements, he may also benefit by treating with Prednisone.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator