Thread: Tail Fur Loss

Default Tail Fur Loss

I feed the squirrels in my backyard peanuts, and I've noticed one squirrel that I've fondly named "Momma" (due to her having pups this last year), her tail is "deflated", it still has fur, but it's not nearly as fluffy as every other squirrel. She seems healthy otherwise, and no other squirrel seems to be having this issue. Pics attached to show her "deflated" tail. I have no intentions on intervening in any way as she is wild, just curious what might be going on with her!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Default Re: Tail Fur Loss

Quote Originally Posted by Adluma View Post
    I feed the squirrels in my backyard peanuts, and I've noticed one squirrel that I've fondly named "Momma" (due to her having pups this last year), her tail is "deflated", it still has fur, but it's not nearly as fluffy as every other squirrel. She seems healthy otherwise, and no other squirrel seems to be having this issue. Pics attached to show her "deflated" tail. I have no intentions on intervening in any way as she is wild, just curious what might be going on with her!
    They can loose their fur in very odd ways, no one seems to know why. I was worried because my release lost and regrew his fur in weird stages and sure enough, another member said theirs did the same, so I wouldn't worry, her style is just quirky.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to sundoesshine from:

Adluma (12-08-2021)