Thread: Lumps on chin

Default Lumps on chin

Hello, does anyone have any insight as to what these lumps on this squirrel's chin are? Not sure if its a botfly larva, abscess, or something completely different. They feel hard, and he does not seem to bothered, but i am a little concerned. I've been reading that abscesses and larvae will usually resolve themselves. Just thought I'd ask and try to provide some pics. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Default Re: Lumps on chin

These pictures make it them look like bot fly warbles. If they are warbles, the dark spots would be a breathing holes... if you can hold him and examine them you would be able to see some movement of the "maggot-like" larva living in there, under the skin.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

Diggie's Friend (11-13-2021), Mel1959 (11-13-2021)

Default Re: Lumps on chin

You may want to check his teeth... just in case.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Scooterzmom from:

Diggie's Friend (11-13-2021)