Thread: Trying to find a home for 5 month old boy grey

Default Trying to find a home for 5 month old boy grey

Hello everyone,

I am new to the board. A little back story on our Rossie. He was found by a former therapist of my son who usually fosters dogs so she is a big animal lover. She found him at a farm and he was only about 2 weeks old. Both back legs appeared to be broken when he was found. According to her every animal rehab facility she tried to take him to refused to "save" him and wanted to euthanize since he appeared to be paralyzed from the waist down. He has shown no pain when dealing with his back legs..never has. Anyway everyone, including vets recommended euthanasia since he could not be released back into the wild. She then decided to keep him. She posted on fb that she needed help with him while she worked her shifts and he needed to be cared for 24/7. I offered and that is how he came to us. Long story short her land lord said she could not keep him and we have had him since her was 3 weeks old. I am a stay at home mama with a special needs son who does not have the means to keep him. I decided to raise him til he was weaned and then hope another option would become available to him. He is a sweet boy who gets along with everyone in my family including my cat. He has shown no pain on his back legs and gets around fine. He does pretty much drag them behind him. He does get bathes a couple times a week since he can't lift up to urinate. He does get time in our 3 seasons room that is screened in. He is a bit of a scardey cat but he is funny and cute and loves attention. He loves to climb you and hang on you and will follow you everywhere. I love him but I do not have the time, attention nor financial means to give him with both kids and one being special needs. I have tried to find wildlife sanctuaries to take him but have had no luck. I am located in Wisconsin. Not sure if anyone could help but I am losing hope on finding a home for him.
    I am not sure how to post a pic but I do have pics of him as well as videos.

Default Re: Trying to find a home for 5 month old boy grey

Here is an image our squirrel.

Name:  20210919_102512.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  133.8 KB

I would love to take him and give him a forever ho?e but I am in Texas unfortunately.

I made an outdoor enclosure for mine. I bought a 8x4 dog kennel and wrapped chicken wire around it, built her a house to sleep in. Could you do that? I just say hello to her when I walk by twice a day on the way to the garage and give her food and water.

Have u found a home yet. I would like to take the squirrel

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Jnh1989 from:

Charley Chuckles (08-20-2022)

U can contact me at jessicahardin031789@gmail.com. I'd like to take the squirrel

It's been done many times before, adopting a squirrel. I have adopted.
    "SQUIRREL TRAIN'S" can happen to help cut down on one person having to make the long haul👍
    I wish your squirrel and his forever home much happinesses
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

Hi Jessica. This thread is almost a year old. I’m sure the squirrels been placed.

Can you tell me why you are interested in taking in a squirrel? Are you familiar with caring for one?

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

SamtheSquirrel2018 (08-21-2022)