New squirrel mom here! To a rescued northern flyer, ChiN ChiN. I believe she was only a couple months old when she came to us & my guess is she’s maybe 6 months old now.. this is my first experience with such a wondrous creature so I’m constantly reading & researching.. to make sure I can give her the very best care I can. At the moment, I’m struggling with remedying some hair loss at the tip & along the spine of her tail. I noticed this about a month back, and from other readings on this board suspected it may be due to too much calcium as I had made sure to order some squirrel-cal powder by exotic nutrition. I was sprinkling on her veggies regularly for a few months along with Henry’s hi protein healthy blocks & picky bites when I noticed her hair starting to split at the tip of her tail & thin along the middle. I have pulled back on the calcium the last couple weeks but it appears as though the fur is continuing to reseed and upon another inspection just minutes ago, I noticed there are a couple of thinning spots on her back as well.. now I wonder if mites aren’t the culprit?? Please help! What should I do first? Where do I start?
Any and all knowledge & advice welcomed. Please and thank you