Hey all.
We have this little sweetheart Hudson Squirrel. He's about 7 months old.
He was born in captivity and both my husband and I raised him with special milk. He lives inside with us, in a large cage, but most of the time, the intire house is his playground. We absolutely adore him. We have always played with him, he would even just lay down with us expecting to be stroked.
A couple of days ago he started making the weirdest noise. Like a kind of chattering, but really load. While he does this, he doesn't show any signs of stress at all. He would even do it with nuts in his mouth. He also started hoarding real bad. Every nut that he can get his little paws on, disappears with him.
Suddenly, a day or two ago he started attacking our hands. Nothing big. Just scratches mostly and his bites aren't too bad. But he seems to really attack us, instead of the usual playing we do. He also does this to his little dog toy. Seeming really angry.
But the weirdest thing... he keeps coming back to us, crawling all over us, still staying with us, still wanting to be stroked...
I've been reading a lot of information on this forming, about wilding up and somehow his behavior just doesn't seem to fit with the descriptions. Could he just be in a very bad "hoarding" mood and been stressing out because of it?