Thread: Baby squirrel love Grey

Default Baby squirrel love Grey

Hi Everybody!
    I have a question about for greys. A few weeks ago an entire nest fell in my parents driveway in the pouring rain. Five baby squirrels one died on impact🥴 one died later, so that left 3, 3 boys! We tried to put them out for mom to come back, for 2 days, but she never did. So off to the races we go. This has been like having a new born baby! They had no hair in the beginning so I estimated 1-2 weeks old! They are now my three sons, Mike, Robbie and Chip! We are at 6-7 weeks now. My question is, how hard is it to keep greys as pets? I know that I will have to winter them, but just out of curiosity? They are currently formula fed and still live in their cozy box but do get out and climb all over momma tree (me) throughout the day! I am in TN.

Default Re: Baby squirrel love Grey

Very hard! Those precious cute babies grow up and become unruly teenagers in every sense of the word. They don’t mind. They will destroy your house and they bite. A group of squirrels is even worse. They will bond to each other more than to you. Those precious babies will wild up and become hellions.

I’m going to make a bet. By the time you overwinter these boys, you will be anxious for spring to come so you can release them. They really will become a handful.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

KCullen (10-13-2021), Mel1959 (10-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    Very hard! Those precious cute babies grow up and become unruly teenagers in every sense of the word. They don’t mind. They will destroy your house and they bite. A group of squirrels is even worse. They will bond to each other more than to you. Those precious babies will wild up and become hellions.

I’m going to make a bet. By the time you overwinter these boys, you will be anxious for spring to come so you can release them. They really will become a handful.
    I kind of figured that lol. I wondered if I would feel the same way in the spring as I do now. Figured I will be ready for them to go.I rescued full grown female once . She had been shot with a pellet gun! She hated me all the way through! She bit me all the way through some. Leather welding gloves once, I heard the vein pop blood EVERYWHERE �� I want none of that again!!!!!!
    Last edited by HeatherG; 10-12-2021 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Meant but but it posted as but

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HeatherG from:

HRT4SQRLS (10-13-2021)