Thread: Is it bad to NEVER feed nuts?

Default Is it bad to NEVER feed nuts?

So I know that it's bad to feed nuts too often. But is feeding nuts too infrequently also an issue? I just hate the way she gets so crazy and defensive and has almost a complete personality change when I give her a nut, and wondering if there's any way to avoid it.

I want to make sure she still has a way to grind down her teeth. She chews on everything, has branches and a pumice stone, but doesn't seem too interested in them.

Default Re: Is it bad to NEVER feed nuts?

Try an antler, or for my wild squirrels I buy marrow bones at the grocery store. They’re about 3-4” long. I let my dog eat the marrow out and then they dry out pretty quickly sitting in the sun. I place them on branches in trees throughout the yard and I always hear the wild squirrels chewing on them. They get calcium and it wears their teeth down….it’s a win/win.

Default Re: Is it bad to NEVER feed nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    Try an antler, or for my wild squirrels I buy marrow bones at the grocery store. They’re about 3-4” long. I let my dog eat the marrow out and then they dry out pretty quickly sitting in the sun. I place them on branches in trees throughout the yard and I always hear the wild squirrels chewing on them. They get calcium and it wears their teeth down….it’s a win/win.
    Thanks Mel, but I've tried offering an antler and she doesn't seem interested at all. I'll try a marrow bone.