Default Re: Little boy with abscess and maggots on intake

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
    Ringerís Journey
    Done!
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

3. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to stepnstone:

Chirps (10-15-2021), HRT4SQRLS (10-13-2021), TubeDriver (10-13-2021), Tuff (10-13-2021)

Default Re: Ringerís Journey

Perfect

He shouldnít be defined by A and Mís. This little guy has a story to tell thatís still being written.

5. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Chirps (10-15-2021), Mel1959 (10-14-2021), stepnstone (10-13-2021), Tuff (10-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    Perfect

He shouldnít be defined by A and Mís. This little guy has a story to tell thatís still being written.
    You are exactly right!!!! He is doing well today, just a little more active. Peeing pooping eating sleeping is the consistency of his day. He is up to 93g this morning taking 6ml and still on Clavamox 2 x a day. I was reading up on abscesses on the board. Is there a different antibiotic for him to help clear these up faster that wouldnít compromise him in anyway. We have about a once a day diarrhea going on right now, but I do believe that is cause from the AB. I added a probiotic to his formula to assist with the diarrhea, again it only really happens once a day. From what I have read the dwarfs have super colons. He is super sweet and seems to just take off running not knowing or caring where he might be going lol. But just general walking, itís not something he is going to do. I am feeding him in the middle of my bed on a pillow He wants to eat everything, his feet, my fingers, blankets, lol anything that gets near his mouth he is trying to nurse it. He still has really no concept of how to suckle until he falls asleep while eating then I have to rub on him to wake him up and get him out of the trance he seems to get into. We are still seizure free!!!! I do have meds on hand just in case. Other than that I fall in love with him every single minute. I do have a forever home for him at this time. They are perfect for him and it will be gut wrenching to let him go but I have to do what is best for Ringer. I will let them announce who they are. Until then I am thankful that Snicker bar and the members here that believe in my ability to care for this little guy. I am thankful for the phone calls at the drop of a hat when I need one of you guys and the hours that yíall have put into me and Ringer. Chickenleggs thank you for your guidance. Redwuff you have been a guarding angel that I needed so badly. I thank the Almighty Creator that allowed this board to come together. I will update this thread until he goes to his forever home. Until then stayed tuned for photos and videos that will melt your heart.

7. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tuff:

Chirps (10-15-2021), SamtheSquirrel2018 (10-14-2021), stepnstone (10-14-2021)

You have done a stellar job with little Ringer.

Every dwarf is different, so a one size fits all approach does not work. Canít wait to meet you, visit with Snicker Bar, and take the little man home.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

9. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to redwuff:

Chirps (10-15-2021), CritterMom (10-14-2021), HRT4SQRLS (10-14-2021), Mel1959 (10-14-2021), SamtheSquirrel2018 (10-14-2021), stepnstone (10-14-2021), Tuff (10-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    You have done a stellar job with little Ringer.

Every dwarf is different, so a one size fits all approach does not work. Canít wait to meet you, visit with Snicker Bar, and take the little man home.
    Hmm. I thought it might be you.

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

redwuff (10-14-2021)

The loss of Ripley left a huge hole in our heart. I put a bug in Tuffís ear and she is willing to allow us to be Ringers new parents.
    redwuff
    State Licensed

13. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to redwuff:

Chirps (10-15-2021), CritterMom (10-14-2021), HRT4SQRLS (10-14-2021), Tuff (10-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    Hmm. I thought it might be you.
    I thought the same thing.

The loss of Ripley left a huge hole in our heart. I put a bug in Tuffís ear and she is willing to allow us to be Ringers new parents.
    Perfect!
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Tuff (10-14-2021)

You sat on the phone through both of those babies, as I cried and lost my composure you made me get myself together and start the care for Ringer. You guided me every step of the way. You stayed on the phone with me from the first seizure until Marie showed up. We ran everything through our heads thinking of how we could possibly stop the seizures. You have checked on him daily. You are still guiding me on his care. You believed he was a dwarf from the gate. Which is probably why he had the seizures accompanied with the capstar. I canít imagine a better momma for him. He is a very precious soul, definitely one I will never forget. He has touched my heart in so many ways, even more so than the Tuff man. I will love him forever.

17. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tuff:

Chirps (10-15-2021), HRT4SQRLS (10-14-2021), Mel1959 (10-14-2021), redwuff (10-14-2021), SamtheSquirrel2018 (10-14-2021), Scooterzmom (10-15-2021), stepnstone (10-14-2021)

This sounds like a success story in every way.

19. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to HRT4SQRLS:

Mel1959 (10-14-2021), redwuff (10-14-2021), stepnstone (10-14-2021), Tuff (10-14-2021)

Perfect!
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

21. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Chirps:

redwuff (10-15-2021), Scooterzmom (10-16-2021), Tuff (10-15-2021)

How is Ringer today. Been planning the trip. Canít wait
    redwuff
    State Licensed

This baby boy is a hot messÖbut he is so perfect in every single way!! My postal scale broke, my kitchen scale was acting wonky, so for the last 2 days I thought this little guy was losing weight. He went from 93 grams to 92 grams to 94g last night, to 90g this morning? I was like no way, I went to Walmart and bought scales came home set them up, put this little guy on there well he weighs 98g!! Heís still very boney. Watch out world here comes Ringer.

So far as I access him, I know this. He gets frustrated at the nipple because he still doesnít quite know how to operate it. He wants to hold it, he wants to stand up, he wants to lay down, he wants to push, pull, bite, but most of all he wants to eat. We get formula all the way to his elbows, itís bath time at every feeding. But letís face it, baby wipes clean up just so much, so this morning we got a bath and a blow dryÖhe was ok with the water, but I figured out he can definitely hear because the hair dryer isnít his favorite thing. I am still trying to figure out if he can see or not. Is there a simple test for that on a squirrel? He has very sparkly black eyes. He doesnít mind car rides. Momma Kim is horrified that some dummy that doesnít know how to drive will make us wreck. He doesnít like covers touching him he likes to be in a cave nothing laying over him. He sleeps the majority of the day, he doesnít move much unless he gets hot and comes out of his cave, but when he tries to go back, when he is chilly, he gets lost and frustrated. He loves his cheeks rubbed, he loves his round little belly rubbed after he eats, he likes the back of his legs rubbed, itís hard to get him to let you do it, but he loves it. He likes to lay on his back, feet drawn up, chin tucked to his chest cupped in the palm of your hands. He grinds his teeth in his sleep. I found out tonight, thunder scares the crap out of him. He growled at me tonightÖright after the storm that came through. He was scared and didnít know what was going on. Itís kinda sad he really doesnít play like other babies, because he would just be to precious at that point. Iím going to try and post a video of him sleeping on his back in my hand. I thought I heard clicking as he slept, praying it was his teeth or mouth, anything but the lungs. Iím not worried, butÖ. Maybe Iím to paranoid? I can and canít wait for him to be in his forever home, he will be so loved.

WARNING CUTENESS OVER LOAD!!!!

https://youtu.be/Y3LaEawr2ZY

25. 7 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tuff:

Chirps (10-18-2021), Diggie's Friend (10-19-2021), HRT4SQRLS (10-16-2021), Mel1959 (10-16-2021), SamtheSquirrel2018 (10-16-2021), Scooterzmom (10-16-2021), stepnstone (10-16-2021)

Default Re: Little boy with abscess and maggots on intake

Quote Originally Posted by Snicker Bar View Post
    Pics from today:

Does this look like a dwarf?
    Oh boy! it sure does to me now!!! When I spoke to Kim on the phone the night you gave him to her and she described the way he was moving, feeding, his awkwardness...? the pic and brief video she sent me... ? I all felt very odd and yet familiar. And then... bingo! It sparked memories of my little Ayanna! That's why I told Kim that same nite you were out, Marie. Told her I wondered if he might be a dwarf - and it seems redwulf did too Now I'm so glad others too have agreed and confirmed it Most of all, I'm so happy he's found a permanent home to move into

So thanks folks. I've been too busy to check back until now but y'all rock! Of course I'm in love head over heels now

P.S. I had gone to bed thinking about you, Marie, but also about you and that baby, Kim. Great job everyone.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

27. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Scooterzmom:

Snicker Bar (10-22-2021), Tuff (10-16-2021)

Please keep Ringer, Tuff, and Snicker Bar in your thoughts and prayers.

Ringer has developed a health concern. Please God, let our boy get strong
    redwuff
    State Licensed

29. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to redwuff:

Chirps (10-18-2021), CritterMom (10-17-2021), island rehabber (10-17-2021), Mel1959 (10-18-2021), Snicker Bar (10-17-2021), Tuff (10-17-2021)

Praying hard for little Ringer and all who care for him and love him.
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

31. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Scooterzmom:

redwuff (10-18-2021), Snicker Bar (10-19-2021), Tuff (10-18-2021)

For those that have been concerned and patiently waiting for an update. Ringer is at the turn around I believe. This baby has a lot of fight in him. He has many people that are praying for him. The last week has been a world wind of emotions. I had to remind myself what to pray for because sometime I believe God need specific instruction on what I am asking him to do. God has answered my prayers and let this baby come out out on the other side. He may be a little dinged up but he is alive and doing much better. Ringer is still seizure free and on his way very slowly to a full recovery. Please continue to pray that he gets stronger every single day!!! I am attaching the latest photo of him. Something about his Mama Kimís love, time, and all the kisses he can stand to get!!! Ringer is a fighter by nature, a survivor, and a teacher of many things at this point. He has taught me so much and I am absolutely sure there is more to learn. The biggest thing he has taught me is this is a marathon, not a sprint. Only time will tell from here, but I can promise yíall this I will hold his whittle paw through it all!!!! Name:  D3E4EDCA-867D-4571-AA4D-D18BA4AC1AE5.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  106.1 KB

33. 6 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tuff:

Chirps (10-20-2021), HRT4SQRLS (10-19-2021), Mel1959 (10-19-2021), redwuff (10-19-2021), Scooterzmom (10-24-2021), stepnstone (10-19-2021)

He sure is a fighter!

35. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

Tuff (10-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
    For those that have been concerned and patiently waiting for an update. Ringer is at the turn around I believe. This baby has a lot of fight in him. He has many people that are praying for him. The last week has been a world wind of emotions. I had to remind myself what to pray for because sometime I believe God need specific instruction on what I am asking him to do. God has answered my prayers and let this baby come out out on the other side. He may be a little dinged up but he is alive and doing much better. Ringer is still seizure free and on his way very slowly to a full recovery. Please continue to pray that he gets stronger every single day!!! I am attaching the latest photo of him. Something about his Mama Kim’s love, time, and all the kisses he can stand to get!!! Ringer is a fighter by nature, a survivor, and a teacher of many things at this point. He has taught me so much and I am absolutely sure there is more to learn. The biggest thing he has taught me is this is a marathon, not a sprint. Only time will tell from here, but I can promise y’all this I will hold his whittle paw through it all!!!!
    What a wonderful story Tuff! Ringer, you're a cute Little Guy!!!

37. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

Tuff (10-19-2021)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast