Thread: Advice on my hard headed babies please! (8 weeks today)

Default Advice on my hard headed babies please! (8 weeks today)

these guys are giving me a fit about eating!! So they were shredding blocks a week ago not eating but shredding (all normal) but now that they got there top teeth in good and it's actually time to eat the blocks nope not having it they are over it!!! Don't want veggies don't want anything other than formula!! I swear they had a secret meeting and said yep we are just going to drink formula for the rest of our life...screw mom and her veggies and blocks! I even gave it to them when they are starving first thing in morning waited and hour nope they are still just waiting on formula looking at me like silly mom you underestimate our will power! So any advice would be amazing never had this issue before! Ugh they are sooooo hard headed! Every now and then they will nibble on something but that's after. I handed it to them 10 times and they are like fine I'll take one bite now leave me alone!

Default Re: Advice on my hard headed babies please! (8 weeks today)

Mazi my girl is 212g and monkey my boy is 197g

If they are only 8 weeks I wouldn’t get too concerned at this point. They do mostly shred things at that age. Eventually they will want the solid food. Keep giving the block. If you’re using Henry’s I cut them in half so as to not waste them. I put the commercial rodent block in a small bowl as they make a huge mess when they pee on it and shred it.

Don’t give up mom. They aren’t even close to wanting to part with their formula just yet.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

Tootsie's mom (09-28-2021)

How many times a day are you feeding and at what percent of their body weight?
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to redwuff from:

Tootsie's mom (09-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    How many times a day are you feeding and at what percent of their body weight?
    I am feeding them 3 to 4 times a day they eat 20 to 30cc at a time I let them decide lol not sure what percent that is

I have always feed them way over the 5 to 7... I consider that the minimum lol they eat until they stop and as long as they could handle it I let them go with it

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post

If they are only 8 weeks I wouldn’t get too concerned at this point. They do mostly shred things at that age. Eventually they will want the solid food. Keep giving the block. If you’re using Henry’s I cut them in half so as to not waste them. I put the commercial rodent block in a small bowl as they make a huge mess when they pee on it and shred it.

Don’t give up mom. They aren’t even close to wanting to part with their formula just yet.
    Okay so I made these things I use to make for Tootsie and they ate it!! Woohooo veggies in the belly! And I think I'm gonna switch to picky eater blocks and see if that helps!

Here they are now
    Attached Images Attached Images    

They look great. Cut down to 2 feedings. They will be willing to eat other things then.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

12. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to redwuff:

Scooterzmom (09-28-2021), Tootsie's mom (09-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    They look great. Cut down to 2 feedings. They will be willing to eat other things then.
    So just morning and evening sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by Tootsie's mom View Post
    So just morning and evening sounds great!
    Yup, and as long as they take their formula and until they eat their blocks very well, I withold the veggies - usually takes only a few days. Once they develop a taste for their blocks, then I start introducing the veggies... I find that otherwise they become very re. the veggies picky
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

15. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Scooterzmom from:

Tootsie's mom (09-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterzmom View Post
    Yup, and as long as they take their formula and until they eat their blocks very well, I withold the veggies - usually takes only a few days. Once they develop a taste for their blocks, then I start introducing the veggies... I find that otherwise they become very re. the veggies picky
    Thank you... Mine loved the block last week and then just decided they no longer want blocks! Ughhh! Little butts!!! I am going to try the picky eater blocks to see if that helps!

I have had many that don’t like the High Protein baby block but they all seem to like the Picky Eater block. I think the HazelNut block is received well also but I have more experience with the Picky Eater block.

18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

Tootsie's mom (09-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    I have had many that don’t like the High Protein baby block but they all seem to like the Picky Eater block. I think the HazelNut block is received well also but I have more experience with the Picky Eater block.
    I'm about to order the picky eater one right now! They went all day and starved their little selves in protest of the high protein block!

or not lol cant get site to load guess maybe later or tomorrow