Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing weight daily

Default Re: Losing weight daily

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    I did not read the OP post as can Esbilac, as in the cans of liquid Esbilac (versus the powder).... But should this be the case, and maybe the liquid was being further diluted, that might explain the weight loss. That and the fact that the liquid, canned Esbilac is very different than the powdered version (I know, weird) and the liquid is nutritional deficient for squirrels and they will fail to thrive.

Also formula hygiene: Ideally the powdered formula will be mixed up hours ahead of being feed. This allows the formula to more fully dissolve making it easy for these little ones to digest. I prefer to use a "shaker bottle", others will only whisk. I mix it up thoroughly, let it sit on the countertop about 20 minutes all the while mixing it up every few minutes... at least 3 separate times, before placing int eh fridge overnight. Formula that is heated for feeding but not used should be tossed out; never reuse previously warmed formula.
    Op has Said got “can of esbalic from petsmart” and I have never used can so no idea on consistency but I don’t recall the powder being very different consistency then fv 2050 or gmf for us but you’re definitely making a lot of sense on weight loss if the can is so watery

If on can would the group recommend skipping transition time? Just go directly to the full 2050 maybe?

I chose to completely drop esbalic instead of transition but I don’t think I’d necessarily recommend doing so to others just because it was my choice from previous experiences of how I expected the baby to gain and it’s never usually recommended to not gently transition in terms of feeding any baby…

Quote Originally Posted by mojoandvoodoo View Post
    Op has Said got “can of esbalic from petsmart” and I have never used can so no idea on consistency but I don’t recall the powder being very different consistency then fv 2050 or gmf for us but you’re definitely making a lot of sense on weight loss if the can is so watery

If on can would the group recommend skipping transition time? Just go directly to the full 2050 maybe?

I chose to completely drop esbalic instead of transition but I don’t think I’d necessarily recommend doing so to others just because it was my choice from previous experiences of how I expected the baby to gain and it’s never usually recommended to not gently transition in terms of feeding any baby…
    Compromised babies are fragile, so if anything, one would go slower transitioning. However, if the baby is on a formula that is bad or causing trouble, use water and new formula to make the transition . Last thing you want to do with a compromised baby is give it diarrhea!
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

Thank You throughout the night he seemed to take a turn for the better he weighs 68 g this morning ! So for the first time we are showing a gain and not a loss
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I’m soo PLEASED for you and baby!!

I hope that the gain continues but please keep us posted!

I’m soo PLEASED for you and baby!!

I hope that the gain continues but please keep us posted!
    When and how should we switch over ? At the moment we are doing a 3 to 1 ratio
    3 tablespoons of Esbilac and 1 tablespoon of fox 🦊 tonight marks 24 hours for that mixture I figured we would continue throughout the night tonight and switch over to 50-50 tomorrow ?
    For 24 hours and come Tuesday be solely on Fox ? Also when should I switch over from 32/40 to 20/50 ? I have both - even though his eyes are still closed and we have been feeding him for six days now his bottom teeth are in and he has fuzzy hair on his belly and I believe he is around 4 to 5 weeks old I could be wrong on that —
    I am concerned about the do not feed Esbilac and especially the recent do not feed Fox Valley threads so confused 😢🥺
    Well start the antibiotics back up tonight since I now have the proper dosing thank you to Spanky ❤️

Not poster

Just giving instructions on reading syringe

They haven’t used gmf and are transitioning between can esbalic and fv right now apparently (starting yesterday it seems like?)

Didn’t see any statement of where dosing came from so unsure if from this forum or elsewhere
    I found the dosing on this form I will try to upload a picture as I believe I took a screenshot

Quote Originally Posted by eternallight24 View Post
    I found the dosing on this form I will try to upload a picture as I believe I took a screenshot

That will be great, especially since it seemed incorrect... I'd like to find that thread and edit it out is it is still out there...

Not poster

Just giving instructions on reading syringe

They haven’t used gmf and are transitioning between can esbalic and fv right now apparently (starting yesterday it seems like?)

Didn’t see any statement of where dosing came from so unsure if from this forum or elsewhere
    This is a new picture from this morning 9/26/21 - Day 7 - 68 g
    Gained 3 g over 12 hours between weighing

When and how should we switch over ? At the moment we are doing a 3 to 1 ratio
    3 tablespoons of Esbilac and 1 tablespoon of fox 🦊 tonight marks 24 hours for that mixture I figured we would continue throughout the night tonight and switch over to 50-50 tomorrow ?
    For 24 hours and come Tuesday be solely on Fox ? Also when should I switch over from 32/40 to 20/50 ? I have both - even though his eyes are still closed and we have been feeding him for six days now his bottom teeth are in and he has fuzzy hair on his belly and I believe he is around 4 to 5 weeks old I could be wrong on that —
    I am concerned about the do not feed Esbilac and especially the recent do not feed Fox Valley threads so confused 😢🥺
    Well start the antibiotics back up tonight since I now have the proper dosing thank you to Spanky ❤️
    Pic from Sunday morning 9/26/21 - day 7
    First time willingly / eager to feed
    Even though we did the hydration feedings every 30 minutes throughout the day yesterday I really do believe the mixture of the Fox Valley was the turning point for weight gain and willingness to feed - I understand hydration is key ! But I personally believe it was taste and nutrients he refused the Esbilac completely however was very eager for the honey water he will actually grab the syringe with his paws and shove the entire nipple down his throat 😂 biting the nipple I know he did not like the Esbilac at all and was definitely failing to thrive consistently losing

Since you have 20/50, I would do the transition to that. He is old enough now and will need to be on that till he is weaned .

He is a cute boy and you are a diligent parent. Good job!
    redwuff
    State Licensed

By the way, you are not far from a small group of TSB people. I am sure if you need anything we can get in touch with them.
    redwuff
    State Licensed

12. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to redwuff:

Mel1959 (09-26-2021), mojoandvoodoo (09-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    By the way, you are not far from a small group of TSB people. I am sure if you need anything we can get in touch with them.
    Thank You ! Wish I had posted days ago !!
    Tonight 9/26/2021 - 9Pm he is still gaining ❤️

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to eternallight24 from:

mojoandvoodoo (09-29-2021)

Thank You ! Wish I had posted days ago !!
    Tonight 9/26/2021 - 9Pm he is still gaining ❤️
    Monday 9/27/2022 - yesterday we started blinking - overnight he opened one eye and this morning both eyes 👀 are open ❤️

Cute! How is transitioning to 20/50 going?
    redwuff
    State Licensed

Monday 9/27/2022 - yesterday we started blinking - overnight he opened one eye and this morning both eyes 👀 are open ❤️
    As long as he isn’t having any softening of stools you can continue to 50/50

So are you on the fv2050 for transition now?

I’m so happy baby is gaining more steadily now! It’s so scary when they lose because they are already so tiny and fragile

As long as he isn’t having any softening of stools you can continue to 50/50

So are you on the fv2050 for transition now?

I’m so happy baby is gaining more steadily now! It’s so scary when they lose because they are already so tiny and fragile

We are on FV now 20/50 and doing great he is starting to nibble and bite now what should we offer him ? I read about the squirrel block - ordered some from squirrels and more was called today and told it was “ buggy “
    Moths to be exact so they refunded me as $30 shipping for a $30 bag was crazy to begin with
    So what else do you recommend ? Mazuri ?
    Order from Amazon ? Chewy ? I mean there’s 100 different brands and all different ingredients 😔 - Amazon did not have the Mazuri Rodent / they only have the Mazuri mice which is why I ordered the bag from Squirrels And More - should we get him some sticks from the yard to “ teeth “ on ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12