Thread: possible Mange in flyer

Default possible Mange in flyer

My flyer has spots of missing hair. Can I give her Ivermectin? If so, what strength, how much, how often? thanks.

Default Re: possible Mange in flyer

I would not use Ivermectin on her, Revolution (the plain one with just selamectin and no other active ingredients) because it is much safer. Just a small drop on the back of her neck.

If this is an indoor flyer, it may be that she is over-grooming herself which happens often from boredom... I'd say this is more likely than mange.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Spanky from:

HRT4SQRLS (09-23-2021)

I agree with Spanky. If the skin looks clear instead of crusty and red, it is probably from over grooming or barbering. It is a fairly common problem with flyers. Is the missing hair in areas that she can reach?

With mange you will clearly see problematic skin… missing hair, red, crusty, dry.
    Over grooming or barbering would have normal skin with missing hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    I would not use Ivermectin on her, Revolution (the plain one with just selamectin and no other active ingredients) because it is much safer. Just a small drop on the back of her neck.

If this is an indoor flyer, it may be that she is over-grooming herself which happens often from boredom... I'd say this is more likely than mange.
    Thank you, I'll check her skin, but I think it's just hair loss.