Thread: Miracle Nipple discoloration-- normal?

Default Miracle Nipple discoloration-- normal?

Okay, it's a little hard to tell in the pictures below because of lighting, but the tips have turned red/pink. At first, I thought it was blood but it doesn't come out when washed/boiled, and the container I use to heat the formula is a clear shot glass, so it's something in the rubber or reacting somehow with the formula.

These nipples are about 6 weeks old (I accidentally napalmed her first ones by forgetting the pan on the stove while sterilizing so they didn't survive long enough to know if they would have discolored, too lol). I first noticed the discoloration 1-2 weeks ago. Since I'm doing detective work trying to figure out what triggered Lolly's diarrhea (about 12 days ago, now), these are now on my list because they fit the timeline.

Yes, we're still battling the poo juice.

If this is normal/common, then I can strike them from the list without having to buy new ones.

Thanks!

Name:  IMG_20210923_230102_042.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  57.2 KB
    Name:  IMG_20210923_230052_685.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  54.6 KB

Default Re: Miracle Nipple discoloration-- normal?

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedMuse View Post
    If this is normal/common, then I can strike them from the list without having to buy new ones.
    This is normal, at least int eh past 5 years or so. I believe simply the result of being chewed on, stretch etc. Seems like I recall the miracle nipples changing a few years back... maybe it is just men, but it seemed to prior version were more durable?

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Spanky from:

ConfusedMuse (09-24-2021)

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that makes a list when there is a change in one of my babies lol I write down feedings how much they ate if they pee or poo and what color it is lol. 😂 squirrels are harder than newborns and I had a premie. Lol 😆

Quote Originally Posted by New Squirrel Mama View Post
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that makes a list when there is a change in one of my babies lol I write down feedings how much they ate if they pee or poo and what color it is lol. 😂 squirrels are harder than newborns and I had a premie. Lol 😆
    Yes, I kept track of every drop in and out (leftover from my days working in a daycare lol). I weighed daily, too, until she was 8 weeks old... And the trouble started after I quit. Keep keeping records! Especially if you have menopause brain, like me.

When I would forget something, I used to tell people, "I'm too busy to keep track of everything so I hired squirrels to run my brain. I pay them in peanut butter. They remind me things like where I left my car keys and to put pants on before I go to the store. If I forget to buy peanut butter, they mutiny, and then who knows what they'll tell me to say or do?"

This was before I had an actual squirrel, who bleeds me dry of every brain cell I have left

Lol I love it 😀🤣😂!!!!! I needed that reminds me of my sister maybe she needs a squirrel lol 😆

I'm sorry you baby isn't feeling well I hope she gets better soon. I'm new to being a squirrel mom but Sasha and Delilah have captured our hearts I think my husband is in love ..... with them.