Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My babies aren't thriving

Default Re: My babies aren't thriving

New Squirrel Mama;1337285]It's time for the next feeding now !! I am also going to remix hydration mix for them and get you a picture ASAP.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    You have a couple of threads started, but from what I can gather, your girls are around four weeks. So glad you have fv20/50. Mix that the same way 2:1. At the next feeding take two parts water and 2 parts of the mixed 20/50 and feed that for two feedings. Then mix 1 part water to 3 parts mixed 20/50 formula. Feed two feedings and then feed 100% fox valley. Keep them on fv20/50 till they wean. Forget about the GMF.
    Thank you for the pics. I agree, your babies are not thriving. Feed what you have been feeding. Then in two hours hydrate then in 2 hours feed 20/50 as stated.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

Thank you so so very much. I want so badly to see them healthy.

Once they get on a formula that is safe and works for them, they will prosper and thrive.

I promise.
    redwuff
    State Licensed

I will keep you updated and send pics so you can see they are safe and healthy.

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to New Squirrel Mama:

Mel1959 (09-22-2021), redwuff (09-22-2021)

Post#2
    Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    The *Goat's milk formula your feeding is not complete, please click on and read the below link.

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...ilk-Formula***

You may also need to consider transitioning them to a more substantial formula.
    *Need to clarify....
    I was in no way judging or suggesting GMF was an inferior formula.
    What I was referring to was the ingredients, one was missing which was why the link
    was posted on the GMF formula mixture. I apologize for/ if any misunderstanding.
    *Not referencing you
    New Squirrel Mama, I know you checked the link.
    Quote Originally Posted by island rehabber View Post
    TEMPORARY GOAT'S MILK FORMULA:

3 parts goat’s milk
    1 part heavy whipping cream*
    1 part vanilla yogurt
    Formula will last 48 hours in refrigerator.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

Thank you !! I knew what you meant. I think the yogurt scared me because when I changed the formula and didn't do it gradual it cost me a baby and I was truly devastated because I made such a huge mistake. I have learned the past couple days that will only take advice from here. You guys have been so helpful. I have to be honest I am still struggling with mine one min we are good the next they are dehydrated or have runny poop and one has a bad booboo on her finger I thought I got whatever it was around it off but it's still swollen and when it touch she growls at me and grunts I'm kind of glad she only has bottom teeth and her eyes are still closed or she probably would have went squirrel crazy on me.

Quote Originally Posted by New Squirrel Mama View Post
    Thank you !! I knew what you meant. I think the yogurt scared me because when I changed the formula and didn't do it gradual it cost me a baby and I was truly devastated because I made such a huge mistake. I have learned the past couple days that will only take advice from here. You guys have been so helpful. I have to be honest I am still struggling with mine one min we are good the next they are dehydrated or have runny poop and one has a bad booboo on her finger I thought I got whatever it was around it off but it's still swollen and when it touch she growls at me and grunts I'm kind of glad she only has bottom teeth and her eyes are still closed or she probably would have went squirrel crazy on me.

I'm really hoping you can get the babies turned around and can get and keep them hydrated, that would be
    the big turning point to get them moving in the right direction. hydration is everything...

As far as that swollen toe; As tight as whatever it was on that toe, there is a possibility part of it has become
    embittered in the flesh and still has to be removed or it has been restricted so long it's created it's own band.
    I would consult with redwuff. She performed miracles with that swollen foot baby she had.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

Good morning yes it's early lol. So a couple things first I stayed up all night to make sure my girls stayed hydrated between pedialyte and formula and formula with a little water. But something so very important that I realized. Yesterday food was not mixed completely the food I mixed lastnight was much ticker and more filling. Sasha and Delilah's color look so much better this morning. Sasha has gained 3.97 and Delilah has gained 8.86 in the past couple days. Also so far no more runny poop.
    Now to get Delilah's toe all better and we may be on track. Once again Thank you so much for all the help I have received.

11. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to New Squirrel Mama:

redwuff (09-25-2021), stepnstone (09-24-2021)

My babies the first day we found them and a few days after.

Beautiful pinkies that mom sent very well nourished. It is hard to do pinkies for a first time squirrel mom. In fact, many rehabilitators won’t do them. Kudo’s to you new squirrel mom!
    redwuff
    State Licensed

Thank you that means a lot. They had a few aunt bites but they healed quick.

You know the milk is good when she's wearing it lol 😆😜😂 oh Sasha now you need a bath.

16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to New Squirrel Mama from:

stepnstone (09-25-2021)

Very cute! All legs and feet! Would you post a pic of their bodies, please.
    redwuff
    State Licensed

Good Morning from Sasha and Delilah. This picture is before hydration feeding both were so eager until they realized it was NOT milk then they were not interested at all. So I think we may have hydration nailed but I'm going to offer through out the day to make sure. Two very stubborn head strong squirrels but that's ok only makes them stronger.

I have a question: what was "around her finger" that you got off? Was it a string or was it a grainy substance?

The nail looks white. Lolly had a broken finger when she was rescued. The nail never darkened up like the others but she kept it for another 4 weeks so it surprised me when it just fell off. It looks like it's growing back, but the fur on her finger is still white, too (it did eventually grow in). So, don't freak out if she loses that nail lol

Her nail is black I looked at it but my poor baby because I messed with it so much trying to get whatever it was off now anytime I touch it she grunts at me and pulls away I have been doing a warm compress she still grunts and pulls away.

I need you guys to know I absolutely feel like the worst squirrel mom in the world. I changed them from the house they were in to a plastic tote with heating pad with holes like most do. I realized I was keeping there house to hot thru look so much better just in the few hours of being in it. I feel so bad !!! I could cry !!!!

Redwuff you truly saved my babies when you said I was making it to complicated thank you sooo sooo much !!!!

22. Serious fuzzy thank you's to New Squirrel Mama from:

redwuff (09-25-2021)

They are looking so much better. ,

What were you keeping too hot? Their old house?

You are doing great Mom.
    redwuff
    State Licensed

Yes ma'am I thought about what you said then it's just hit me that their house is the only thing I do different. So I made sure I changed it before a feeding to see if there was a difference in how they looked for the next feeding and they looked so much better and they were even calmer while they were eating they ate all there food but one hasn't pooped since 2 this morning. I'll send out pictures soon... to show you guys the difference.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast