Thread: Critter Nation Heat?

Default Critter Nation Heat?

Hello,

I have a 5-6 week old eastern grey that is transitioning into the very bottom of a critter nation (have top half blocked off and also have double shelves on first floor to block half of that. Didn’t want him to fall and injure himself.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is a safe way to have his heating pad. Could I possibly put it under the plastic tray? I fear him chewing on any wire.

Default Re: Critter Nation Heat?

Yes, I’d place it under the plastic tray with no cords in the cage. If you place some fleece on the plastic tray it will be nice and cozy.

This is what we use in the cage. It's chew resistant. We don't put it under the plastic tray we just simply cover it up with bedding and the cord goes out through the cage bars.

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...BloQ8gII8wYoAA

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Delo729 from:

Mel1959 (09-21-2021)

I also put it on top of the plastic tray with the cord through the bars. I have a critter nation.My husband bent the bars out then back in for the cord. I covered it with blankets and their nest box so they couldn't get to the heating pad. When they started pulling their blankets and material out of the house to sleep away from the heat is when I turned it off.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Chirpee from:

Mel1959 (09-21-2021)