Thread: Reuniting question

Default Reuniting question

This is probably a silly question but I thought I’d ask. Had I known now about reuniting babies with mom, I would have tried harder. My babies I found the night of Ida. We heard them yelling. The next day I tried a few hours to wait on mom to come get them but it was just a mess out and the tree they fell from is a high traffic so I couldn’t just leave them outside alone all day. Anyways it’s been a little over 2 weeks now that I have had them. I see a couple squirrels in that tree everyday. Is it way too late for reuniting? I feel bad if non is looking for her babies. :/

Default Re: Reuniting question

I think the window has closed... I am not aware of any successful reunites after weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    I think the window has closed... I am not aware of any successful reunites after weeks.
    What about after 4 days? It has been freezing cold outside, but tomorrow is finally nice weather. TIA.

Yes, four days I would try. Unlikely, but I would try. The baby must be WARM or she will not take it.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

I agree about with IR about an attempt to reunite as unlikely as that might be after 4 days. However, if these are the babies with yellow, stinky diarrhea and it is in fact caused by a Coccidia outbreak.. I am not sure reuniting is the best idea.

On the flip side (I posted in the other thread) if they happen to be getting fed inappropriate formula (kitten formula, or any puppy formula other than Esbilac) that could be the culprit causing the yellow, stinky diarrhea... in which case reuniting might still be an option.