Thread: Infection back

Exclamation Infection back

Hey guys,

So I was on here a few months ago, no more than 6 months ago, bunchers my 7 year olds Grey had somehow damaged his top tooth/ mouth , there was some very minor blood about his mouth —nose area I wasn’t sure the damage exactly to his tooth itself or something around there, my guess was the tooth.
    Now some moths later after I treated him with Clindamycin- the infection is back!!!
    A couple of different issues here
    1) I CANNOT find Clindamycin ANYWHERE!!!
    2) problem, this is now the 2 time and I feel that it will be. Re occurring I believe there was some damage to the tooth which created an ulcer and hence here we are today 2 ulcer
    WHAT SO I DO? Help
    How do I treat this without being able to get Clindamycin I’ve asked all my fiends nobody has either enough or any….and if this needed/needs to have Any dead tissue removed it’s going to keep coming back after treatment turning into a regular issue
    Please help
    Thanks in advance

Default Re: Infection back

I'm not familiar with your story, is your 7 year old gray an outdoor wild squirrel? Or a non-release or indoor squirrel? Can you handle it at all, or not? I'm thinking about your situation and it would be helpful to know the above answers, thanks!

Lightbulb Re: Infection back

Quote Originally Posted by Lighten-Up View Post
    I'm not familiar with your story, is your 7 year old gray an outdoor wild squirrel? Or a non-release or indoor squirrel? Can you handle it at all, or not? I'm thinking about your situation and it would be helpful to know the above answers, thanks!

——-Bunch Is a NR spoiled I live indoors in my own room squirrelly lol
    I can handle him , I am not afraid of getting bit at all , I honestly don’t think he would but he is not thrilled and becomes difficult trying to get in his mouth I can stick my finger in there and feel around the easiest time is when he is sleeping…. I tried to get some photos I will go through and upload they are not great but zooming in you can see something is not right with his top tooth either cracked or split.
    You can hear his nasal passages are affected .thanks again

Can you get a better photo of his front teeth?
    See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

Am I missing something? Tube Driver referred to a photo. I don't see any??

I have a few thoughts I will offer. I am a person who has always gone a natural route. You may or may not be into that, and it doesn't matter to me. You will find the best route for you and your squirrel. I will just offer what I know. The fact that you can't find the drug you need might make this more appealing. I am still learning. But I have mostly let the squirrel decide if it wanted my natural remedies. The only one I didn't (meaning I forced it on him which he didn't seem to mind it was quick and easy) was when a squirrel ready for release got a bad cold and cough. I was concerned this was kennel cough, as it was barking a lot of the day. So I made a homeopathy pill for kennel cough dissolved in water and simply rubbed it on his anus area. He was willingly eating some of the fresh herbs I will mention here also. Anyway, in three days his cough was gone! I was relieved.

Please note, some of these may seem really odd. I'm not asking you to do anything you are not comfortable with. Please, you judge what you feel good about. Know that I want nothing but health for our fuzzy friends, and so far, all has gone extremely well for me in offering these. I always offer these along with a strong intention for healing (prayer) and I always vision the squirrel finding relief and getting better.

All of these thoughts are aimed at either treating the infection directly, or supporting his body to stop the infection. All may be helpful or have merit.

Here goes. If you are unfamiliar with any of these things, please ask questions to clarify.

1. I have put a single drop of oregano oil in a gallon of water. And given the squirrel a small dish of this water to drink. I make this naturally medicated water available, next to their own water bowl. I always offer a choice. I have put this out for wilds when any fungal thing goes through the community, and very often they will drink this. Oregano Oil is very antibacterial. I only put one drop in a gallon because it is so strong and squirrels are so small, I wanted it to be highly diluted. I do not know if this is optimal it was my best guess. Here is the product I use. It's an amazon link, easy to find, but you might find it anywhere. Check around, prices differ sometimes. This is for human use mainly.

https://www.amazon.com/North-America...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

2. Consider giving him a fresh garlic clove to chew on. I had one sick squirrel, it did chew on it for a few days, then never again. But it did get well.

3. Give fresh rose hips, these are packed with vit c and other good stuff to support the squirrels own body to heal itself.

4. Squirrels should not have extra salt, but consider putting salt water in it's mouth for the ulcer issue. Salt is very healing for tissues. Dissolve a little salt in warm water, and them maybe soak it up with a cotton ball or sponge and then push it in it's mouth just to wet the membranes if you can. I have never tried this, I was just listening to your issues and making suggestions for you. I haven't had a squirrel with this issue. But I have gargled with salt water for every sore throat and cold and it does wonders!

5. Do the same as above but with his own fresh pee if you can get it (that may not be easy). You might revolt against this, but urine is actually incredibly healing, it's a medicine.
    And it heals skin and tissues incredibly, it stops infections. If I get bit by a squirrel, or even a nail, and I get that sore feeling that an infection is brewing. I plunge my finger into fresh urine for as long as I can, and it always stops the infections and heals the wound without a scar. It would be perfectly safe in his mouth also. If he would put up with it, I would apply it once or twice daily if he'll let you do that.

6. Star Anise Tea. This is excellent for upper respiratory conditions. Put two star anise seed pods, they are star shaped, into a cup of hot water and steep. 5-10 minutes. Let cool and see if he will drink it. My one release plunged his head into a cup I had made for myself it was cooled down. And he drank for 30 seconds, that is a long drink for a squirrel. I guess he liked it.

7. If you can find fresh "fever few flowers" give him some. These are good for treating colds. And many other things. When I have had a squirrel not feeling well, they have eaten the fresh or slightly dried flowers that I have offered, and they have usually eaten them several days in a row. I would offer a small bunch of these flowers on the stem with the leaves, and I would leave them there for days. Squirrels would either eat some that first day, or a few days later. Then I would replace with more until they are not interested. You may or may not know what these are. They are a great safe medicinal for humans. They look like little white daisies. I just happened to see a neighbor growing them a few years ago, and asked if I could have one, they spread and now I have a lot and simply offered them to my squirrels when needed.

8. I also offered Fresh Lemon Balm herb. My "under the weather" squirrels never ate this fresh, but I left them in their area, and in a few days after they were dried, I found them munching on them for days. Again, they are highly medicinal.

9. This is more of a long shot, but I'll offer it. I once made a stinging nettle infusion from dry stinging nettle for myself. You take 1oz of dried nettle and put it into a quart glass jar, pour boiling water into it, put on a lid and let steep for 4-8 hours or more. Then strain. After straining, there are little bits of the dried stuff in the glass, I took this out to dump in the yard as compost material. My release ran up to me and fought me for the empty jar I had just dumped. ?? I was trying to figure out just why he was ready to almost bite me to get into it, and then I thought, the smell, it smells like the infusion I just made, maybe he wants that? So I wrestled the jar away from him and got my infusion, again, he drank and drank that till he was full up. I've offered it again, and he has said no. But nettle is full of natural minerals. Maybe he needed that that one day?

10. I have not used colloidal silver with squirrels. But some have. You could look into this.

11. And there is Homeopathy. The little sugar pills that a human dissolves under their tongue. For animals, you dissolves it in water and give that. The healing works on energetics. I am a strong believer in this. However, I just attempted to up one for your issues, and I wasn't sure how to gauge the right one for your squirrel, because there are different ones for different angles of the same issue. That may not make sense. But I'm still mentioning this as an option, you would have to research it more or find someone who knows the particulars more than I do.

Maybe you will find something helpful for you. If not it's okay. If I find anything else I will mention it.
    I send prayers of wholeness healing and love to Bunch.

I forgot to mention my number one go to for all squirrel related injury issues. Cold pressed coconut oil. It's anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial. I offer it to all squirrels that have abscesses, skin issues, fungal issues, or are under the weather, and sometimes I give it very occasionally to nursing moms just for the extra fat.

I put a little on a walnut or pecan with a small knife. It's easier to spread if it is semi-solid and not liquid. If it's liquid because the room temperature is too warm, then I put the jar into the fridge for a while. After I butter up a nut with it, I put the nut in the fridge or freezer to solidify the coconut oil in the crevasses. Then I give it to a squirrel in need.

Many squirrels eat the coconut oil nuts with no issues, some pick it off. But they still get some in the process of picking it off. Rarely, but I do have a squirrel that refuses it. But other squirrels just love these coconut oil nuts. I usually have a jar of them already prepared in the fridge, just in case I need one. Sometimes I go months without handing any out. Squirrels are all different. That's why I have so many options geared toward healing that I work with.

Can bunch eat a nut with the tooth issue? If not, you could smear a little on his soft food, when liquid it would blend into his food; or put some in his mouth.

With all of these natural thoughts, the idea is to simply support his own immune system and body to kick into gear and do the healing himself. Sometimes they just need a little boost and nature takes over as it is designed to do.

Best to you.