Thread: cage question

Default cage question

when do they graduate from the "tote" like cages to a bigger cage? My boy is getting very active and does laps around his tote. curious how long he should stay in?
    thanks

Default Re: cage question

Quote Originally Posted by jillian15279 View Post
    when do they graduate from the "tote" like cages to a bigger cage? My boy is getting very active and does laps around his tote. curious how long he should stay in?
    thanks
    How old is he? I switched to a much bigger cage at approx. 8-9 weeks cause Tuff was doing flips in his. They need room to run and play for sure. A lot of TSB use critter nation cages, but I built my own cage. It’s 87” high and 3’ deep and 4’ wide. Lots of room for an active juvenile.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tuff from:

jillian15279 (09-09-2021)

I switch from a tote tI a wire mesh cage around approx a week after eyes open. The size is abt 18” x 18” x 24”. Once they acclimate to that and wean, I’ll switch to a bigger till they are put ina release cage.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to redwuff from:

jillian15279 (09-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
    How old is he? I switched to a much bigger cage at approx. 8-9 weeks cause Tuff was doing flips in his. They need room to run and play for sure. A lot of TSB use critter nation cages, but I built my own cage. It’s 87” high and 3’ deep and 4’ wide. Lots of room for an active juvenile.
    approximate age is about 5 to 6 weeks. he's 175g and he opened his eyes Saturday, he's started walking around but still isnt curling his tail just yet.