Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESBILAC PROBLEM AGAIN???

Default Re: ESBILAC PROBLEM AGAIN???

Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    Hi Abby

I use the GMF that came from Jackie quite a while ago. It is 3 parts goat milk (I use fresh (can also freeze into smaller batches)), 1 .5 parts heavy whipping creme (I did up the creme cos of lower calories) and 1 part full fat yogurt. In 2019 Leigh broke this formula down and it is sub par nutritionally. But it does well enough to keep pinkies alive and growing. Then at 2.5 weeks I add 1/4 strength FV 20/50 and very slowly over 1.5 weeks increase % of FV until the babies are on 100% at 3.5 weeks. Iíve done this for several years and have been happy with it.

I have never fed ultraboost, I feed 5-7% and have plenty fat babies. Around 6 weeks I put Mazuri block in with and when I cut back feeding from 5 to 4 times, they really start eating the block in earnest.

Everyone you talk to is going to have a formula that works for them . Find something you like and stick to it.
    Do you grind the blocks into a powder? Then how much do you add to formula?

Quote Originally Posted by HRT4SQRLS View Post
    I heard back from my friend, the possie rehabber. She was very involved with the last Esbilac incident due to the huge impact it had on her. She had not read the alert on Henryís Pets site BUT a couple weeks ago she did receive a call from Shirley Casey regarding reports that sounded eerily similar to the events of 2 years ago. She also said there were also reports from other possie rehabbers about problems with both Esbilac and GME. She herself never went back to Esbilac so she canít report first hand on this.

Letís just say that these concerns should not be dismissed. This is exactly how it started before.
    I think we need to look at this issue. I donít care how many thousands of people on FB have not had a problem. TSB is flooded with peeps using it and babies are not thriving on it. Also diarrhea issues! Again!
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    I think we need to look at this issue. I donít care how many thousands of people on FB have not had a problem. TSB is flooded with peeps using it and babies are not thriving on it. Also diarrhea issues! Again!

I totally agree. We are seeing it over and over again with weak, sickly babies some on deaths door.
    When Esbilac is working properly we saw healthy thriving babies they were indistinguishable from FV babies.
    There IS a problem.

Me too. Had someone PM me for Pepto dosing yesterday feeding esbilac - I gave her the link to Fox Valley and Henry's. Heck of a time to not be able to get it from Henry's - does anyone know if this is still an issue with them?

I think it is available at Henry’s now. I just went to the site and added it to a cart and it let me so it must be in.

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to HRT4SQRLS from:

Mel1959 (09-22-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12