Thread: Sneaky's teeth

Unhappy Sneaky's teeth

Please help, my husband my trimmed my squirrel's teeth yesterday ,and now she can't eat like normal,and is sleeping a lot. I'm very concerned because he cut them too short,and I know it upset her,(and me)but should I be afraid for her life?I'm totally freaking out!

Default Re: Sneaky's teeth

How old is Sneaky? I assume she is maloccluded necessitating the tooth trims.

Has she ever had other tooth issues? Sometimes tooth trimming can cause pain due to the torquing of the tooth. The incisors are very long and the root is above the sinuses. Torquing or movement of the tooth while cutting can cause tissue trauma and pain. You might want to use some infant Ibuprophen for pain. Someone here can dose that.

Default Re: Sneaky's teeth

You do not need to be afraid for her life. We’re the teeth cut below the gum line? You might give her some infant ibuprofen if she seems off. Give us her weight and we can dose for you. Make sure she does drink. You might offer her something yummy like watermelon juice to drink. She should be fine in a day or two. Is she maloccluded?
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator