Thread: UTI questions and help

Default UTI questions and help

My 4 year old female gray is very active and acting normally. I noticed that he pee is little drops here and there. Iíve read other posts and would like the boards advice. I have a few 500mg of cipro. If it wonít hurt her, I would like to treat her just in case she has a UTI.
    If you feel it is wise to treat her. I would need to know how best to give it to her. I can not pick her up. She bonded with my ex girlfriend and she moved out a year ago. Luckily I was very involved with raising her and she will sit on my knee or couch and I can scratch her etc...her diet is the standard healthy blocks with the veggies from the good list. Pine cones, tree branches and her sunlight daily. Nuts are limited to 3 a week. Please let me know what you think.

Default Re: UTI questions and help

Hey AJ,

Sounds like you have your girl on a great diet. Just make sure she is not stashing those blocks. As for a possible UTI, small drops of urine can be a sign of that. Since UTIís can be so damaging, I would treat her this time. Notice if her urine pattern changes after tx and that will let you know most likely she did have a uti.

You can put meds on or in nut butters. Let us know strength of Cipro and if it is tablet or capsule.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator