Thread: Atlanta rehabbed needed

Default Atlanta rehabbed needed

Hi Guys
    Well another year later and another neighbor had a friend who found a baby squirrel, a boy about 3 weeks maybe 2 in their backyard. They left it out all night to see if the mom would come, I know, crazy. Anyway, I already have a squirrel that we found last year that's not releasable so we can't keep this little guy, he needs to be with other babies. He doesn't like the formula (Fox 20/50) yet, but is taking the pedialyte occasionally. He is peeing but seems so lethargic . Can anyone help? I live in Marietta but will drive nearby if you can help
    Thank you for the help

Alice

Default Re: Atlanta rehabbed needed

I trust you now have it on heat provided by a heating pad set to low placed under some fleece or blankets in a plastic bin. We have a member in Cummings, GA (Javarat) that is licensed. Here is his website. The Cumming Nuthouse Wildlife Facility. He can be reached from his Facebook page…search for Alan Gibson in Cumming, GA.

Here is a website that lists other rehabbers in the Georgia area. https://www.georgiaaudubon.org/uploa...tator-list.pdf

Squirrel moms DON’T come at night to retrieve babies and WON’T take a baby if it’s cold!!

[

Thank you Mel
    Yes, I am doing everything you mentioned. I raised a 2 week old last year and had all the items I needed from then. He ate about 3mm of formula this morning and likes the pedialyte ...i will contact Alan and see if he can take on one more...thank you again.

QUOTE=Mel1959;1335733]I trust you now have it on heat provided by a heating pad set to low placed under some fleece or blankets in a plastic bin. We have a member in Cummings, GA (Javarat) that is licensed. Here is his website. The Cumming Nuthouse Wildlife Facility. He can be reached from his Facebook page…search for Alan Gibson in Cumming, GA.

Here is a website that lists other rehabbers in the Georgia area. https://www.georgiaaudubon.org/uploa...tator-list.pdf

Squirrel moms DON’T come at night to retrieve babies and WON’T take a baby if it’s cold!![/QUOTE]

Thank you Mel
    I am doing everything you mentioned and had all the items from our baby last year. He is eating a bit more this morning, I am sure it's all a big change from what he is used to. I will get in touch with Alan and hope he has room for one more....

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Alice from:

Mel1959 (08-31-2021)