Thread: Baby squirrel has sore at base of tail

Default Baby squirrel has sore at base of tail

Hello guys I’m new on here and I’m almost finished with my volunteer hours to finally get my permit and open up my own rehab in Knoxville Tennessee. About two weeks ago I received a three week old baby squirrel bleeding from its nose and mouth it had fell out of its nest as a tree was being cut down. It’s been a long road between UTIs bloating medication’s and all. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong BUT.. at a little over five weeks he is eating good, trying to play, and for the most part healthy. We just got over serious issues with being bloated not able to defecate and unable to use the bladder. I fixed all those issues and for about two days he was doing great. Now he has diarrhea and is dehydrated I have started giving him sugar water today. I was cleaning his bottom up and noticed that he has two read blister type things around the base of his tail near his butt hole.. I wasn’t sure if this was because of the diarrhea or what? This is my first time with a baby squirrel, I feel like I’ve done pretty good with him but I’m drawing a blank on these sores. Any help would be appreciated thank you

Default Re: Baby squirrel has sore at base of tail

It probably is - diarrhea is very caustic. Can you get a good pic?

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

Keeraraye1 (08-29-2021)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  91.0 KB

Hard to see, he was not happy about it, but when I was washing them and they were wet it almost look like it had a blister like head on it

My phone wanted to focus on the towel and not the squirrel butt lol

AB forms may destroy both good and bad bacteria forms. As a result, this can result in indigestion and diarrhea when probiotics aren't given concurrently with AB treatments.

https://www.goodpet.com/dogs/probiot...ebiotics-4-oz/

Dr. Good Pet carries a probiotic formula for small mammals that includes the Lactobacillus forms that can be added to formula for nursing young. Dose should be reduced from that for larger heavier pets based upon weight. Start with (1/64 Tsp.) ; you can always increase it.

https://www.amazon.com/Morgenhaan-St...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Diggie's Friend from:

Keeraraye1 (08-29-2021)