Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Red and Taz

Default Re: Greetings from Red and Taz

Thanks all!

I think Tazzy learning how to unzip my nut sack was more accident than design. Upon closer inspection of my nut sack I noticed what looked like a spot where Taz had started to chew my nut sack, right where the zipper was. The nut sack, when fully zipped still has a teensy, weensy, tiny, very small, hard to see "hole" where the zipper doesn't quite zip up. It looked like Taz poked her equally very small head into that even more small hole, and "voilà", zipper unzipped and nuts exposed. After that it was a nut fest frenzy, which, I'm embarrassed to say, took me a couple days to notice.

Squirrels learn surprisingly fast.

Squirrels can also be deceivingly sneaky.

And congratulations to.....

CritterMom

For correctly identifying the use of "nut sack" a whopping 13 times! And crow about it you should! Finding all the nut sacks is actually harder than it sounds; I had to read through it four times to make sure I had the number right. Or maybe that's just me. Anyway, for correctly identifying how many times I used the term "nut sack" in my post you have a choice of.......

1. A $25.00 donation to TSB in your name

OR

2. A 2022 TSB Calendar

I have only recently learned of the advantages of keeping ones nut sack in a mini fridge in the garage. But I agree, this nut sack storage epiphany may be the secret to world peace, or household harmony.

And on to the bonus round!

Mel, you're close in that the writing symbols do look like Japanese/Chinese characters...but unfortunately they're not, but don't give up!

I'll throw out some hints:

1. The symbols are not of any language, past or present, used here on earth.

2. Get your gamer on.

3. Ms Silly Heckled Terrors (it's an anagram of the answer).

Good luck and have fun!!

Good luck and have fun!

Ok, I got my next guess. It’s from Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. It was one of the statues that came with a special edition of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz2020 View Post

CritterMom

For correctly identifying the use of "nut sack" a whopping 13 times! And crow about it you should! Finding all the nut sacks is actually harder than it sounds; I had to read through it four times to make sure I had the number right. Or maybe that's just me. Anyway, for correctly identifying how many times I used the term "nut sack" in my post you have a choice of.......

1. A $25.00 donation to TSB in your name

OR

2. A 2022 TSB Calendar

I have only recently learned of the advantages of keeping ones nut sack in a mini fridge in the garage. But I agree, this nut sack storage epiphany may be the secret to world peace, or household harmony.
    Oh, hon, that isn't necessary - I really was joking. Mostly I wanted to use the term "nut sack" a few more times. I mean really, when you get a perfect opportunity to write "nut sack" like the nut sack opportunity you offered here, you really need to jump on said nut sack opportunity and USE the term "nut sack" one or two more times, amirite?

If you insist, it should go to the TSB fund. Perhaps it should be a separate fund from the rest, sort of a special nut sack fund...

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Chirps (12-10-2021), island rehabber (12-09-2021)

Thumbs up Re: Greetings from Red and Taz

Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

Curious to know if I guessed correctly for the dragon.

Sorry for not getting back quickly Mel, I came home to unexpected chaos last night...I walked into our three year old grandson sitting on the kitchen counter surrounded by a blizzard of powdered sugar, helping my candy making other half make rum balls (which, thankfully he was not allowed to eat), while our daughter was making...something...with...well, I'm not sure, there was a lot of stuff all over the kitchen, and two little red squirrels zipping around the place with little white noses like crack infused terrors.

And the moment you've been waiting for.....

Congratulations to

Mel

For getting the bonus round correct!

Yep, it's a statue of Alduin that came with the special edition release of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (one of my all time favorite games, right next to Fall Out 3, 4 and New Vegas).

And as I'm sure you've guessed, my dragon statues are one of Reds favorite nut hiding places. Unfortunately only my larger dragon statues are still on display, Red has taken the smaller ones and stashed them somewhere...I've only found one so far, sans a wing (still haven't found the wing). She has three more safely hidden somewhere, I think she moves them around when I'm not looking. Apparently Red is channeling her inner dragon mother.

As the winner of the bonus round you get your choice of (insert exciting music here):

1. $25.00 donation to TSB in your name

OR

2. A 2022 TSB Calendar

A special thanks to everyone who participated!

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Taz2020 from:

TubeDriver (12-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    Oh, hon, that isn't necessary - I really was joking. Mostly I wanted to use the term "nut sack" a few more times. I mean really, when you get a perfect opportunity to write "nut sack" like the nut sack opportunity you offered here, you really need to jump on said nut sack opportunity and USE the term "nut sack" one or two more times, amirite?

If you insist, it should go to the TSB fund. Perhaps it should be a separate fund from the rest, sort of a special nut sack fund...
    You are correct! It's not often one has such a perfect opportunity to use nut sack multiple times in a sentence, not to mention paragraphs full of nut sacks!

Does TSB have a special nut sack fund? Hmmm... does TSB's fund have an official name? I mean, I'd be open to naming TSB's fund "The Nut Sack" fund....just throwing that out there....

Sorry for not getting back quickly Mel, I came home to unexpected chaos last night...I walked into our three year old grandson sitting on the kitchen counter surrounded by a blizzard of powdered sugar, helping my candy making other half make rum balls (which, thankfully he was not allowed to eat), while our daughter was making...something...with...well, I'm not sure, there was a lot of stuff all over the kitchen, and two little red squirrels zipping around the place with little white noses like crack infused terrors.

And the moment you've been waiting for.....

Congratulations to

Mel

For getting the bonus round correct!

Yep, it's a statue of Alduin that came with the special edition release of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (one of my all time favorite games, right next to Fall Out 3, 4 and New Vegas).

And as I'm sure you've guessed, my dragon statues are one of Reds favorite nut hiding places. Unfortunately only my larger dragon statues are still on display, Red has taken the smaller ones and stashed them somewhere...I've only found one so far, sans a wing (still haven't found the wing). She has three more safely hidden somewhere, I think she moves them around when I'm not looking. Apparently Red is channeling her inner dragon mother.

As the winner of the bonus round you get your choice of (insert exciting music here):

1. $25.00 donation to TSB in your name

OR

2. A 2022 TSB Calendar

A special thanks to everyone who participated!
    Are you saying that Red actually has picked up your small dragon statues and runoff with them? That would be quite a sight to see….almost as comical as the description of the chaos in your kitchen last night!

What the heck! Donate another $25 to TSB….I know it’s going to a good cause.

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

Chirps (12-10-2021)

You are correct! It's not often one has such a perfect opportunity to use nut sack multiple times in a sentence, not to mention paragraphs full of nut sacks!

Does TSB have a special nut sack fund? Hmmm... does TSB's fund have an official name? I mean, I'd be open to naming TSB's fund "The Nut Sack" fund....just throwing that out there....
    Well, how about it, Admins? Seems the perfect name for it!
    "I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

Thanks Mel!

Tonight I'll donate $100 to TSB's (currently unnamed) fund in yours and CritterMom's name!

And yes, Red is our hoarder...she will take anything that catches her fancy and hide it in one of her hidey hole spots. She still has a couple that I have yet to find. Which no doubt are harboring three of my small dragon statues and a rogue frost dragon wing. It never ceases to amaze me how they can run and jump around with something almost as big as them in their little mouths. She's even walked off with a wireless mouse...

She is also our neat freak; she keeps her "house" toys in a "toy box", if I put one of her "house toys" in their enclosure thinking that maybe she would like to play with it in there, she will immediately take it out and put it back into her toy box. Likewise if I take an "enclosure toy" out and put it in the toy box she'll take it right back into her enclosure.

Taz just leaves things...well...where ever she decides to drop it pretty much. With the exception of nuts that is. Nuts she will definitely hide. She doesn't go back and eat them (which Red will totally do), she just hides them. Taz gets great pleasure in chasing, then hiding nuts. Often in my pocket. Or my hair. Or my waistband. Really anywhere on my person. Hence the reason for squirrel wisdom #1. Here's a super quick video of Taz and I playing nut fetch...

https://youtu.be/lsRZyGyGssE

Non-toy "trinkets" (things Red's not supposed to have) she hides in her hidey hole. Red definitely knows the difference between her toys and, well, her "not toys".

This is Red checking her toy box to make sure only Red approved toys are in there...

Name:  Reds toy box.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  110.3 KB

And I second the motion Chirps!!! "The TSB Nut Sack Fund"...

14. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Taz2020 from:

Mel1959 (12-10-2021)

A normal morning starting with Red shopping for new things in Taz's home.

See my wild squirrel adventures in the thread "Squirtle's yard!":
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...quirtle-s-Yard!

Loving dad to Sir Max, 2017-2018. There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right."
    -Grateful Dead

16. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to TubeDriver:

Chirps (02-21-2022), Mel1959 (12-10-2021)

You've totally captured the squirrel dynamics of our household!!

18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Taz2020 from:

TubeDriver (12-10-2021)

Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

I usually sleep in a little on the weekends, typically until a little after the sun comes up. Once light hits my eyeballs…my brain pops awake. Not the rest of my body mind you, just my brain. But then my brain, being the devious thing it is, wakes my bladder. After that it’s a sprint to the…uh…water closet…and that bit of exercise wakes the rest of my body.

I’ve tried using those fancy blindfold things, but they just end up around my neck strangling me, which causes a lack of oxygen to my brain, which in turn causes brain alarms to go off, which wakes my bladder. You get the idea.

At this point you may be wondering “umm…okay…but what does this have to do with squirrels?”

Nothing really, it’s the end of the day at work and I’m trying to look busy until I can shut things down and go home. Typing makes me look busy. My roaming brain stem co-workers tend not to ask me inane questions when I look busy. Plus you get to learn a little more about me, my waking habits, and my small bladder. I know, exciting, right?

Anyway, back to squirrel stuff.

So, weekends; I get up after the sun comes up. The girls get up as soon as the sun even thinks about popping over the horizon. (I have yet to determine if this is natural instinct, or if they also have the ‘sun waking brain, waking bladder’ syndrome. What I have determined is that on cold, rainy, yucky days, the girls will ‘hold it’. They don’t like to relieve themselves in their inside enclosure, and don’t want to go outside when it’s yucky, so they’ll wait until we get home and let them out. For the next ten minutes there are little poop pellets and pee drops flying around like a micro port-a-potty caught in a tornado.)

Sorry, describing the minutia of the girls bladder and bowel functions sidelined me for a moment.

Back to the actual squirrel stuff.

Most weekend mornings when I come downstairs this is how I’m greeted:

Name:  Morning Taz.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  95.8 KB

Taz is waiting for me to let her out, Reds either still in bed where its warm or outside (probably relieving herself).

Last weekend I walked downstairs to see this:

Name:  Squirrel stuffie.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  113.1 KB

I panicked.

Remember the TSB member with the face eating squirrel? (I think it gave me PTSD – post traumatic squirrel disorder.) I thought for a hot second that I had a headless squirrel. I think I peed a little too.

To Be Continued...(the last walking brainstem left, I'm shutting down)

I HATE cliffhangers.

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    I HATE cliffhangers.

Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

Sorry about that CritterMom, I looked up and realized I was the only one in the lab, so I was like “Woohoo, I’m making sure everything is shut down and I’m outa here”!

I left off thinking that I was staring at headless squirrel, and yes, I had actually peed just a little bit. Whether from panic, shock or just being a middle aged woman I’m not sure. I may need to invest in those “female hygiene” products geared towards middle aged women…sigh.

So, there I was, standing in the middle of the living room in panic/shock, when my more awake, non-PTSD suffering other half walked past me, opening the door to the girl’s enclosure.

Red and Taz, each with their heads firmly attached to their bodies, were out of there like little fur covered missiles, shooting a barrage of poop pellets and pee drops as they clamored all over me. (my now laughing other half had opened the doors then sprinted to the kitchen, and coffeemaker, leaving me right smack in front of their now opened enclosure).

By now most of you have realized that what I thought was a headless squirrel was actually a stuffie…a hedgehog stuffie to be exact (with said head still intact). And you may be wondering why a stuffie in their encloser would send me into a panic. This should be a normal thing, right?

Red, as I had mentioned before, is very (very) particular about where her toys are (can squirrels be OCD?). All toys, and anything else Red determines is toy related goes either into their play bed in the enclosure, or their toybox in the living room (all things Red steals goes into one of her little hidey holes that she thinks we don’t know about).

This is their play bed….notice the stuffies all tucked in.

Name:  squirrel bed.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  84.8 KB

In the evenings when I clean out their enclosure I just toss all the stuffies back in, this causes Red to pound her little feet (which I really need to get a video of, when she pounds her back feet her little butt moves back and forth, kind of like those old vibrating football games), yells at me, then puts them back in the “right” place. So to see a stuffie sitting on the top shelf, right where Taz usually sits and waits in the morning, well, caught me off guard to say the least.

“You look a little pale, are you feeling all right?” Said my not remotely panicked other half as she handed me a cup of coffee.

All I could do was point up at the stuffie still sitting on the shelf.

“Aww…they tried taking the hedgehog to bed with them. That’s so cute!”

I slowly turned around and looked at her.

“What?”

“I thought the stuffie was a headless squirrel…” was all I could say.

“Why in world would you think that?”

“There was this face eating squirrel on the…”

“What? Why were you reading about a face eating squirrel? Why was a squirrel even eating faces? I’m pretty sure squirrels don’t eat faces.”

“I didn’t mean to read it. It’s not like I googled ‘face eating squirrels’. It was a thread on TSB…”

“Why in the world would someone post about a face eating squirrel? Whose face was the squirrel eating? What exactly goes on in this TSB place?” (that last part was said with a raised eyebrow).

“It’s not like that…” now both eyebrows were raised “someone saw a squirrel, thought it was helping a baby squirrel, only to realize that it was eating the baby squirrels face off…I told you about this before. You know, the last time I thought the girls were eating each other.”

“Yeah, I probably wasn’t listening…but that’s horrible!! Why would a squirrel do that? That is not a very nice squirrel. Do you really think the girls would eat each others face off?”

“Well, no…” I said sheepishly, drinking my coffee.

“You need to relax and not worry about the girls so much.”

“I don’t worry that much…it’s not like….”

“Ummm…” at this point I realized that I should have just agreed…”remember last week when you couldn’t find Taz?”

“Yes…” I said reluctantly. I knew where this was going.

“And you tore apart the entire house looking for her?”

“Not the entire house…just the downstairs.” I hadn’t made it to the upstairs before she got home. Not that I told her this.

“And where was she?”

*Sigh* “In the couch…eating nuts…” There were still a few nuts that I hadn’t found from when Taz had liberated said nuts from my nut sack.

My photojournalist other half recorded what she walked into during my frantic search for Taz…and yes, I had pretty much torn the house apart looking for her. Flipping over furniture, emptying the cupboards, pulling out the dishwasher (the oven was next…).

Name:  living room 1.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  79.4 KB

Name:  living room 2.jpg
Size:  76.3 KB

Name:  dishwasher.jpg
Size:  98.7 KB

After I was made to sit down, breathe into a paper bag, and given a strong drink, my “moderately” amused other half informed me of Taz’s location…munching on nuts. In the couch. In the new bed she had made for herself in the couch. Along with a “new” door.

Name:  Taz in couch.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  77.4 KB

Yep. That’s me in the background. Not believing that Taz was under my nose the entire time. And yes, the couch is flipped over….

Name:  Taz 20.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  113.9 KB

Name:  Taz 23.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  97.7 KB

Tazzy watching put the house back together…

Name:  Taz 24.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  87.1 KB

Now, in my defense, I had lost a great deal of my hearing when I was quite young. Which was why I couldn’t hear Taz munching on nuts literally right under by butt. Several years ago I gave in and got hearing aids, only to realize the world is a very noisy place, and I much preferred the muffled version I had lived in most of my life. So they sit in my nightstand. My hearing aids, not the squirrels.

I did agree next time I can’t find Taz I would put in my hearing aids before tearing the house apart.

24. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Taz2020 from:

SugarMom (02-21-2022)

. Boy do they have you wrapped around their little toes!

Yes, yes they do.

Oh, and I'm supposed to point out that the kitchen doesn't normally look like that (I was threatened to make sure I add that disclaimer when I asked for the pictures). I mean obviously we don't keep the dishwasher in the middle of the floor...and all the stuff on the counter is typically in the cupboards. Which I had emptied out looking for Taz.

27. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Taz2020 from:

Mel1959 (02-21-2022)

Sorry to be so amused by your very real fears for your girls, but . . .

"I hope everyone got or gets their Baby Love today"~Shewhosweptforest

https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast